• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Several leaf problems

I have several plants exhibiting one of the following disturbing symptoms and I'd appreciate any info if you can help:

• Drooping leaves
  • almost translucent leaves
  • speckled leaves
I know the dangers of over watering, but many of the plants are bone dry when I water them.

Thus far, all leaves have been treated with epsom salts and then liquid kelp two weeks later...

No-one has a clue?

Ok, I'll give it a try...

drooping leaves are from too much watering, so place in the oven for 11 minutes with the door open. (very low heat)

translucent leaves are caused by a shortage of Chlorophyl and so remove all leaves but one, which will then spread the chlorophyl out nicely

speckled leaves. This is a hard one, but I guess it might be caused by water droplets, so plant under a lean to, thus avoiding rain. (This will also avoid the sun, but the spots should clear up!)

Note: the above is advice aimed at my own situation and should not be followed by all.

Thank you for the reply, Pepperfreak.

I thought that a picture of a plant with droopy leaves was superfluous, but I guess the speckled one has several possibilities, so here we go...

droopyleaf.jpg

speckledleaf.jpg

I get droopy leave here I have no idea why. What I do is move them in to the shade, in a few hours they look fine again. Could be the sun ? If you know what it is let me know..

No, it's in a plastic grow bag...just the angle I guess...

It's definitely not compacted SS - it's a fluffy grow mix that I use from germination. It is very difficult to compact this stuff with all the perlite, etc in it...

The droopy leaves I've had to deal with are usually fixed by adding water and/or moving them out of the sun.

Translucent leaves are new to me Paul, what are you feeding the plants?

Do you know what your pH is? If it's too far from between six and seven the plants are unable to use the nutrients that are available and will starve to death. You will usually see yellowing leaves though.

The spots could be a type of virus or fungus. Wish I could be more specific and helpful. Try this site. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...leaves&usg=AFQjCNHdeYmbG-CnMrluf7CzZSyMSQGNeQ

Good luck.

huntsman said:
No, it's in a plastic grow bag...just the angle I guess...

It's definitely not compacted SS - it's a fluffy grow mix that I use from germination. It is very difficult to compact this stuff with all the perlite, etc in it...

Yeah. pics can be deceiving.

If you haven't checked your PH, follow Patrick's advice and do so.

Thanks Pat and SS -

I've added epsom salts and liquid kelp to the leaves, and a pinch of epsom salts to the soil, Pat, but nothing else.

I flushed all plants yesterday , and will monitor closely, but I did indeed do a ph check, and it seems the ph on many is in the 5 area. How could I increase this?

Sorry about the poor pics...

huntsman said:
Thanks Pat and SS -

I've added epsom salts and liquid kelp to the leaves, and a pinch of epsom salts to the soil, Pat, but nothing else.

I flushed all plants yesterday , and will monitor closely, but I did indeed do a ph check, and it seems the ph on many is in the 5 area. How could I increase this?

Sorry about the poor pics...

Lime or Dolomite Lime... either one should do the trick.

In your second picture the leaves look like they are a slight brownish hue. Are there raised bumps under the leaves? It could be powdery mildew.

Checked that out this morning, Matt, but no bumps at all.

I must say, though - the flushing I gave them seemed to work wonders, and only one plant still has ' The Droop', though the speckled ones have not improved. I guess that will take time.

Regarding the translucent leaves, another forum has suggested sunburn. .. ...

(Something to consider)

Back