chinense Shabu Shabu Jolokia

Pete did have some seeds which were viable that were removed from pods before drying which i was offered but they couldnt find, you must have some of those
as my seeds from dryed pods are not so viable but i got lucky with mine after putting a load down i got two plants.
i cant wait to start comparing notes on these to see what they turn out like :dance:

Pete did have some seeds which were viable that were removed from pods before drying which i was offered but they couldnt find, you must have some of those
as my seeds from dryed pods are not so viable but i got lucky with mine after putting a load down i got two plants.
i cant wait to start comparing notes on these to see what they turn out like :dance:
he said that he gave me seeds from the ones he had, and that he not yet begun to grow any of them out yet. So we could be the first people to start these for all i know.

Any updates pics of the Shabu Shabu?? I got the seeds from Yaotzin in the mail today... going to try and germinate them asap.

cool stuff guys I like most would like to see some pics with pods on plants its sweet to look at,
i hope they are hot as lava but also taste good, :dance:

Was gutted to hear Pete passed away. I used to live in Brighton, he was a local legend. His shop (which opened after I moved) is meant to be amazing.
My friend grabbed me some seeds when he was in England, he gave me a free pack of yellow habanero seeds when he found out they will be going all the way to Japan :)

Hi guys I have one plant at the moment about a foot tall and has one flower out as its under lights I will try and get some photos up before I pinch the flowers out

Sounds almost like something I got from a friend in China. He said they were basically the chinese version of a bhut. He didn't call them shabu shabu though. He called them Shuanla. I have some flakes leftover from growing them last year. Nice flavor and good heat. If ya want pm me your address and I'll send ya what I got left

Sorry guys I took this photo a while ago and it's got bigger since next photos of the shabu jolokia will be when it's in the greenhouse
3edb9a6e365fb77289a74310ad974322.jpg

Jeff H said:
How many people have these seeds by now?

Plants look great but does anyone have any pods?
no pods yet.  I passed out a few seeds but i'm low right now.  if i get pods i will share the seeds to people on here.  I know one other person in here who is growing this plant besides me and Yoatzin

I love me some crazy mystery peppers!  When it's podded out, if you have a few seeds I'd love to try this one.  When you're ready I'll IM you a list for trades.

Keep us updated!

Back