• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Shadowchilli Grow Log

Ok so here it goes, my first try at a grow log.
Here is the list of the different types i have growing, or starting. A lot of these are overwintered from last season. Unfortuantly alot of the tags i had to label the plants have all been blown away. Will have to wait and see what pods i get :lol:
-trinidad scorpian red
-trinidad scorpian butch t
-doughla
-orange manzano
-red rocotto
-bhut jolokia
-bih jolokia
-yellow 7 pod
-7 pod jonah
-7 pod barrackpore
-yellow fatalii
-yellow cayene
-red cayene
-black prince
-red habs
-mustard habs
-orange habs
-peach habs
-hungarian wax
-lemon??
-assorted birdseye's
-yellow scorp cardi
-CGN21500 C.Chinense

This is a little present that i got a couple of days ago for my birthday.
The idea is i start my seeds out indoors, and once they go outside into the greenhouse they sit on the tray up the top, and once big enough to potup again they go down the bottom, and eventually outside.
greenhouse.jpg

Also for my birthday i got a joke present.
For those of you who dont know, my real name is Allan. My parents loved the recent video clip with the talking animals they decided to get me these. As since they did they will now be the mascots for growing my chillis, lol.
critters.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzypOnklG60&feature=related

lol yeah i think i remeber seeing that warning :)
Hopefully i made the little fence in the bed high enough, he is only 10 weeks old so quite little still, but he is going to grow up and be quite a good medium sized dog.
i have had dogs before and they have always been trained and well behaved, but it takes time to get them that way lol.
He has already dug a few holes and destroyed a few things, but thats what its like having a puppy :rofl:
Enjoy the puppy-stage while it lasts! My dog destroys almost every plant in my garden except my pepper plants..

Going off, Shadow. :onfire:

I didn't notice at first until I looked really closely but those things are loaded!

Is that aphids or something else under the leaves in the top right corner? :eek:

Yeah those plants are loadad with pods, just gotta wait for them to ripen!
And yes there are little green bastards in there....

Nicely spotted. It looks like the aphids are having a party.

Yeah they are having a little bit of a party, soon they are all going to die!! Going to the shops today....

Your plants are really producing Shadow nice work. Can't wait to see more.

Will be taking some more pics soon :)
thanks for the good words.

nice garden Shadow keep up with the pics please :clap: :dance:

there will be more pics coming soon, you have only seen a little bit of the garden, there is much more yet ;)

Kill those with toxic worm jizz! :rofl:

Im going out to a nursery today that sells chilli plants, im going to buy a couple of plants to run the side by side grow with your worm jizz. Am i allowed to give ferts to the one without worm jizz?
Any other conditions that you want me to do? Will be pics of course :)

15d29d14.jpg

76ae6fd8.jpg

15d9feae.jpg

Its been a long time between updates, but here is a sauce that i made out of the red rocoto's that i had.
The little black spots are the seeds, i never de-seed for sauce unless i am keeping the seeds. Besides i think it kinda looks cool like that...

What percentage of your Red Rocoto crop went into the sauce?

I remove the seeds from Capsicum Pubescens pods due to their toughness compared to the seeds of the other Capsicum species. Chewing Rocoto seeds isn't all that palatable to some.

Just bought these from my local nursery for a side by side grow with some nova jizz....

IMG_0596.jpg

Repotted, and ready to go. Just waiting on some jizz....

IMG_0597.jpg

Just incase i forget which pot to water with what....

IMG_0598.jpg

P.S. These were labelled as bhut jolokia, but i have my doubts....

This is a pic of my local chilli nursery.....
I can only wish i had enough land and room to grow this many plants.
IMG_0593.jpg

Looking forward to the run off between the jizz/no jizz plants. Only Nova.

Good luck dealing with those little green juice wheezing bastages. KILL 'EM ALL!!

If anyone is wondering what i am talking about with the nova jizz, here is a link.

http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/27824-free-worm-jizz/

Also those two bhut jolokia plants only cost $2.50 each, pretty cheap i think :)

What percentage of your Red Rocoto crop went into the sauce?

I remove the seeds from Capsicum Pubescens pods due to their toughness compared to the seeds of the other Capsicum species. Chewing Rocoto seeds isn't all that palatable to some.

Probably around half of the pods on the plant at the time went into the sauce. And next time i make some i will be removing the seeds, they are a little on the tough side, lol.

Damn Shadow wish my local nursery had a 1/4 of that lol

Yeah I love going there, even if its just to have a look around.

Looking forward to the run off between the jizz/no jizz plants. Only Nova.

Good luck dealing with those little green juice wheezing bastages. KILL 'EM ALL!!

Should be interesting to see how the plants go with worm jizz and not. Both plants the same, soil is the same, watering will be the same, etc etc etc. Only the ferts will be different.

Great Glog!

Cheers :)

Nova Jizz... :rofl:

Thought you might like that gas, lol.

Back