• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Shane's 2016 sort-of small grow log...

Starting this more to keep in touch with some of the amazing folks on here...but also because Jamie was awesome enough to send me some very cool seeds from different sources that deserve to be documented. As some of you know I just returned from deployment and have a crazy schedule these days. I "should" be home most of the rest of the year, so I am going to give the garden a shot this year. 

Late start on the seeds but here is what Jamie sent...minus the dried pods which were some of mine from last year.
1UbQfTJ.jpg

Last year I grew a bunch of wilds...and due to our mild winter and rainy fall, they still look like this.
YfAdqA1.jpg

6GGyMLk.jpg

dmUkcTH.jpg

rFLoqlG.jpg

Even last year's growdown plant (Large Orange Thai) is still (somewhat) kicking!!!
dtXVqz1.jpg

Grow list:
P. Onore (Pr0digal_son)
7 Pot Mustard (Romy6)
Primo X
Reaper X BBG 7 (Meatfreak?)
BBG7 X PDN (Meatfreak?)
Devil's Brains (Romy6)
Aji Blanco Christel (Growdown)
MOA Scotch Bonnets (JW?)
SB7J (Romy6)
Yellow BBG 7 (Meatfreak)

Added to these will be the wilds I still have alive including a couple Pequin varieties a galapogoense...and others. I will also almost certainly add a Numex variety and some Jals. I hope Jamie shows up to help me ensure my grow list credits are accurate!

Happy growing this season folks!!!
Shane 

millworkman said:
Dude, catfish is the bomb.  Seriously.  And just paint the styrene foam floats for lettuce.  Whatever she wants, pink=done, purple=done, green...well just wait for the algae to set in. :)

Are you home for this whole season?

Do the tanks not get too hot?
5l7NoOx.jpg

Here is what it looks like now...will keep you posted. I'll try to sneak a raft or two in there...gotta secure the purchase of this house first! May just keep the pond looking pondish with aquatic plants though. I sure hope the tanks don't get too hot. They are under a lattice porch. 

Everything moving along nicely here...
Qm3MBQ2.jpg

Here is how the setup looks right now...

HBPf6EN.jpg

Seems to be working!?!?! They sure are looking good! One of the best fringe benefits is I change out 5 gallons of water every couple days and use that water on the in-ground gardens and for my compost tea as I mentioned above.

k8hR6Md.jpg

My inground plants will be in a new spot this year...I have been composting here for several years. I hope they like it.

0VL3g6m.jpg

P. Onore Pr0digal_Son

d0nsbIA.jpg

BBG7 X Reaper GA Growhead

3hN64GJ.jpg

ummm...several

qeKY5c2.jpg

Several more...

13obYDO.jpg

Romy6 mystery X Goat's Weed already starting to go off...

It for now...hope your grows are going well!
Shane

chocolatescotchbonnet said:
looking great Shane!
Thanks Choco!!!

Jeff H said:
Looking great Shane. Love the hydro.
Thanks Jeff! I'm beginning to love it to for sure.

Devv said:
Good stuff here!

Wishing you all the best this season!
Thank you Scott...I'll need plenty of well wishes!

Penny said:
Great set up Shane, everything looks amazing :dance: ....I see the pool in the background...it'd be so nice on a day like today :party:  , up here in Ontario we currently have freezing rain. :rolleyes:
Sucks...gotta take what is given where you live I suppose ;) The pool is not open for business yet, but could be soon. 

So...the weather is just about perfect here today! I took advantage and got some of my in-ground plants off and running. Last frost in Poway 19 March, but the nights are still pretty cool. 45 degrees when I got up this morning. I have a short trip coming up next week, so I needed to get some on autopilot before I left.

wY2yNv0.jpg

qIKz402.jpg

pQgc9G2.jpg

jT40mMw.jpg

NpYG1V0.jpg

ANm8Bx0.jpg

RPoQAil.jpg

u0wlAEm.jpg

CDm3oRw.jpg

6arYiWU.jpg

Some are pretty small...but they should be ok. I have extras for each of these and many more that will have to wait a bit longer to get outside. 
Three day weekend for me!!!  Hope you guys are doing well!
Shane

Well...I always intend to keep up, but it just doesn't work. Bought the house we've been renting for years and went straight into renovation...so super busy. The work schedule has been nuts too. OK enough of the dog ate my homework crap...the previous post was when my plants went in the ground...here they are now.
nxLzJx6.jpg

First year growing in this spot...they seem to like it. They are up over 6' got the most part.

dRLtPA7.jpg

My aquaponic system continues to impress...nothing but fish water feeding this plant. 

Two variants of the BBG7 X PDN from Romy6:
WXFxtKQ.jpg

d79Ugoi.jpg

OtuQotn.jpg

First of the Devil's Brains (Romy6) ripening...these pods look scary.

sUGk5i2.jpg

Orange Primos (Romy6)

svHewh2.jpg

More Orange Primos...(Romy6)

VW2mlUx.jpg

Charapita Yellow my seeds...

JJIIWFW.jpg

Different plant...Orange Primo (Romy6)

EHtjO0q.jpg

More Orange Primos (Romy6)

XiDy555.jpg

P. Onore Pr0digal_son via Romy6

Hopefully I will keep up...but I doubt it.

Thanks for checking in!
Shane

Good to here from you Shane.

Congrats on the home.

Plants look amazing. That aquaponic system looks fantastic. Just fish water is pretty cool.

I like the second variation of the BBG7 X PDN.

Won't be long before things start looking more colorful in the garden.

Welcome back.

stc3248 said:
nxLzJx6.jpg

First year growing in this spot...they seem to like it. They are up over 6' got the most part.

sUGk5i2.jpg

Orange Primos (Romy6)

JJIIWFW.jpg

Different plant...Orange Primo (Romy6)

More Orange Primos (Romy6)

XiDy555.jpg

P. Onore Pr0digal_son via Romy6
Love the growth of those big plants! Nice. And congrats on owning your home!

The primos look great. Very cool.

And what is that P. Onore? Looks like a Pubescens, right? Have you tried any yet?

Back