• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

shocked plants...

yeah so i waited until the last minute to move stuff inside (work and what not) and i am having some shock issues. I moved in the peppers i want to winter, and 3 hibiscus. here's the yellowing on the hibiscus

and some of the leaf drop from a chocolate hab

I started an aspirin water regimen today. i did a foliage treatment and a light watering with 3/4 of a 325 mg uncoated aspirin to 2 US Gal water. (only .75 mg more than using 1 1/2 81 mg... couldn't find uncoated 81mg here) will post results on both as time goes by.

You should expect them to drop leaves. Your plants are used to receiving a great amount of light from the sun outside. Indoors they are not getting half that. They will drop the leaves use to Tue sun and produce new ones dedicated to indirect light. No worries.

+1

In addition to what Millwork said about the lack of sunlight, it is also the drop in temperature that causes the leaves to yellow and fall of the plants. It is a defense of the plants to shed leaves and devote its energy into staying alive. Since you moved them inside, just make sure they get adequate light along with nutes, In a short period of time the plants will adjust and will stop dropping leaves/look healthier

Yea just what Mega said esp if you add extra light, i ended up hand pollinating mine before they were ready to go outside in the spring, the extra light really helps.

What I usually find is that I'm bringing them in because temperatures were dropping, and that because temperatures were dropping they were beginning to abort some of their leaves and those leaves would have fallen off anyway but by moving the plants I jostled them enough that the leaves fell off a few days earlier than they otherwise would have... which I don't mind too much, if I'm lucky that means fewer leaves to clean up where they are stored inside.

Back