misc Shrink Wrap help

So i finally got my labels printed and they are slammin! And i get home and I'm like yes it's on now im about to take over the sauce game. I go to shrink wrap and im using some black shrink wrap. Now my only experience in shrink wrap before is shrink wrapping CDs and i use a heat gun for stripping paint. When attempting to shrink wrap the bottle top, it looks all kinda distorted. Any special way to shrink wrap the top of woozy bottles to make it look smooth?

Just warm it up for a few seconds and then hold it directly above and then point to the sides and slowly spin the bottle.  Just experiment a little and you'll get the right rhythm.  I'm sure everyone has a different technique.

PepperDaddy said:
Just warm it up for a few seconds and then hold it directly above and then point to the sides and slowly spin the bottle.  Just experiment a little and you'll get the right rhythm.  I'm sure everyone has a different technique.

Yea man, been trying and trying different techniques.. if i cut it or roll the wrap on top of itself it looks good when i heat gun it... but it cant wrap itself like that... it falls apart if i cut it, and there is a lot of excess if i fold it... do you know anywhere that has simple stickers like tabasco has that would cover the top of the cap showing that it has not been opened since sticker was applied? I may want to go that route because aesthetically it ruins the logo with the sloppiness of the shrink wrap :/ big sale this weekend...

TNKS said:
Better gun heat control
Actually its just simple patience,really it is :rolleyes:
Yea thats how it was at first with the disc game, trial and error i guess til it goes electric. But i might go on ahead and get thos stickers anyway they might add a bit of panache.

use the fan attachment and maybe a gun with higher wattage.  I have a Milwaulkee at 1000 watts, works fine~

I do not recommend the water process.

shrink bands 033.jpg

salsalady said:
use the fan attachment and maybe a gun with higher wattage.  I have a Milwaulkee at 1000 watts, works fine~

I do not recommend the water process.

shrink bands 033.jpg

Peace Salsa, What size are those wraps? yours look smaller than mine. I'm starting to think that's the problem. My heat gun has a fan built in and is top notch even tho its from the Magnum P.I. era.

I'm talking about the attachment that flattens or "fans out" the airflow. .lol. I believe all heat guns have a fan included. ;)

I don't know the size off the top ofmyhead. I'll check in a bit and post back.

Ok guys this is beyond frustrating. Picked up some smiley face stickers and washi tape in attempt to use those as seals in the meantime. Of course the Washi tape looks like shit and the stickers dont stick lol. So i call Uline and Freund because I'm in the area, and I realized i have the 48 mm shrink bands, and fillmore reccomended 24 mm for the 5oz. woozy tops... So Uline doesnt have 24 and Freund is too far for me to drive and can not ship by tomorrow which is when I need it by. So is 24mm the size i need for 5 oz. woozy?, uline lady said mine, 48mm, were good for my tops but i cant believe that. Uline had a 30mm... what should i do? Anywhere to get the bands i need at a "regular" office supply store?

PM to me if you feel it,.....I posted an offer many moons ago to trade shrink bands for a sample of any 'new product'....  these shrink bands fit on 5oz woozy and 10 oz woozy... and look great.

I know there are differences in sealing waxes used so differences in shrink bands are probably right up there.  I offered sets of shrink bands out of the bulk lot I purchased to help out those who need a couple hundred and not a couple thousand.

salsalady said:
PM to me if you feel it,.....I posted an offer many moons ago to trade shrink bands for a sample of any 'new product'....  these shrink bands fit on 5oz woozy and 10 oz woozy... and look great.

I know there are differences in sealing waxes used so differences in shrink bands are probably right up there.  I offered sets of shrink bands out of the bulk lot I purchased to help out those who need a couple hundred and not a couple thousand.
Ok ill probably drop you a line. I had the wrong size and different places have confusing sizes where one place a 48mm is for the woozy tops and the other place for the woozys is 28mm.. Needless to say I got the 48 from.the 28 place if that makes sense, consequently they were too big.

You could try and trim the ones you have with a metal ruler and a soldering iron. I have never tried this myself so I have no idea of the outcome. Good luck. 

SR.

Back