• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Sicman's Videos

Watching Sicman's videos.  "Naw, you gotta talk".  First thought is wow he is a sadist.  Is that you talking guy? Is that your wife?  Dude, are you still married?  My wife would run if I tried to get her to eat one of the hot ones.  She had me deseed jalapeno for her cause they are too hot.  Bottom video is the best, the poor woman.

Curious, why did the person speaking tell her to call it a reaper not a carolina reaper?  I checked with trademark folk, the trademark for "Smokin Ed's Carolina Reaper" specifically disclaims any claim on the term "Carolina Reaper".  It reads exactly this way:

“NO CLAIM IS MADE TO THE EXCLUSIVE RIGHT TO USE “CAROLINA REAPER” APART FROM THE MARK AS SHOWN”

I have to figure that he did not want to trademark the term "Carolina Reaper" and just wanted to put his name on the ones that he sells as "Smokin Joe's".  Seems like a very, very honorable and community minded thing to do.  I know I wouldnt want someone selling something with my name on it or pretending it is me that grew it.

But seriously, why do so many people hickup?  I get all like oh my god and want to puke, but never hickups.

https://www.sicmanshotpeppersandpowders.com/Video.html

Good Morning!  

To address your questions.....Yes, that is Sicman's voice you hear.  Yes, I am his wife.  No, he is not a sadist........I guess you could say I am somewhat of a masochist.....like many of us here...I like the burn.  Yes, we are still married.

The videos are for entertainment purposes as it is obvious that I am not a great reviewer  :surprised: and to keep the video from being horribly stale, he urges me through it.

The Carolina Reaper slip was my bad.  We never sell our peppers by a branded name because, as you stated, we are not them.  We didn't develop the strains.  If you want a Carolina Reaper, the best Carolina Reapers you can get are from Ed Curry himself.  

As for the hiccups....I get them everytime.  I don't know why, really.....but I don't get the urge to puke.....so I guess that is that.

Lady Sic, first want you to know from what I can tell your husband is a great guy.  My wife and I are very close, been threw a lot.  She stuck bye me when I wanted to leave myself.  But no way would she let me torture her that way.  It was great and entertaining, more so knowing you guys are married. 

On the Carolina Reaper thing, I would certainly agree that the best Carolina Reaper seeds come from Puckerbutt and Puckerbutt via Pepper Joe or their other other resellers, but I do not think the best peppers come from them.  I haven't seen this with Carolina Reapers becasue they are too new for me to have noticed.  But with other peppers, the same pepper from the same seed is very different from one grower to the next and one season to the next. 

Weird thing is, I am not sure what makes for a good peper season at one farm or the next.  From what I got from his website, this was a horrible weather year for Baker's Peppers.  However, some fo the absolute best peppers I have ever ordered in came from Baker's Peppers despite it being a horribly windy grow at the time I ordered my peppers.  Poor guy was in a video showing pods all over the ground.  It is the same with all produce.  On year the grapes at our local farmers markets blow our home grown grapes away.  The next year they are horrible.  This past year, two of the people who buy their stars and moon water melon seeds from us had completely different results.  One was great, the other not enough sugar.

I kind of think of it like wine, where the year is very important.  Not that I know much about wine, but from what I understand one vintage of the same grape from the same land can be tremendously better than another vintage.

Sicman, in the videos which one is you?

OK this just got weird.  Lets just say a post to me mentioning bakers is not good. He sucks and ill leave it at that.And his friend PJ is kind of a creep also. And as the reaper thing goes my wife and i are just avoiding conflict. They are Ed's and he doesnt want people calling them carolina. We respect that.  

This is all I will say on any of them dudes. Its very funny to me that you brought up bakers though? Weird.

Anyways Im not sure im in the videos? Besides talking. There is plenty of pics of me on here,website and our facebook.

Thanks again for enjoying the videos.

meinchoh said:
Don't forget what a trooper Kyle is!!
Thats right. Word up +1000!

Husker21 said:
I for one want to see more vids with sicman in them.
Cool. You can order "Big Rods 3" on amazon. Im kinda the star
happy-wink-smiley-emoticon.gif

Sicman,

I do not know the guy that owns Baker's peppers and I double do not know someone named PJ.  I was watching Youtube video of someone who goes by The Fire Breathing Idiot.  Maybe Ted, not sure on the name.  He said Baker's Peppers has really great peppers.  Went to Baker's site and saw a heartbreaking video about horrible weather.  My only real experience is that I paid, he shipped, and I was all happy happy I got some peppers I'd never had before.

Did not know you guys had words and know nothing about him.  If the guy on Youtube had reviewed your peppers and I found peppers on your site that I had not yet eaten or cooked with, i am sure I would be saying the same about you guys.  Probably better becasue from what I can tell you guys are dirt farming and Baker seems to be a container grower.

That is a weird thing.  I built an upside down thing for tomato this past year, used the same soil I used for the tomato below them that grew upright.  Same soil, same water, same seeds, but my wife said the upside down tomato sucked.  I tried switching them around and not telling her, she could tell.  For what ever reason, and I know folk will dissagree, dirt grown things seem to taste better than container grown.

My guess is that being in the ground, the moisture tends to be more constant.  Not really sure.  Anyway, no offense intended by using his name.  Sorry you guys clashed.

Back