• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Sideshow Gardens Grow Log.

Here's where it all starts at Sideshow Gardens. The seedling room. Heat and humidity controlled. The trays will only spend a couple days here til they get moved outside. Our daytime temps have been wonderful lately but night time temps are still pretty low so they all get brought back inside at night. Quite the chore since the seedling room is upstairs and I currently have way more trays than what is pictured. I've started tomatoes and peppers so far but that accounts for only a quarter of what I'll be growing. Stay tuned for further updates. Thanks for looking!

Genetikx said:
That's hardly enough payback for the hard work but man, I love fresh eggs. Those look beautiful. Lotta breakfast for dinner at your place?
I love breakfast for dinner. And a fried egg goes good on top of just about everything! I give a lot of eggs away too. 5 eggs a day might not seem like a lot but it adds up quick!

I think your picture got transposed [emoji16]
We just bought some large white eggs for Easter, like your picture , our homegrown brown eggs are all bigger than the store bought ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PtMD989 said:
I think your picture got transposed [emoji16]
We just bought some large white eggs for Easter, like your picture , our homegrown brown eggs are all bigger than the store bought ones.

Lol thanks. I edited it. How many chickens do you have?

Edmick said:
Thanks. I try to keep it as clean and organized as possible. I bleach all the hard surfaces and steam clean the carpet to keep it as sanitary as possible. With the heat and humidity in the room, I worry about mold, mildew and pests. I have really good air circulation too. Maybe it's all overkill but I think it helps avoid problems.
Looks killer-love the attention to detail and cleanliness! What do you use for ventilation for the heat and humidity in the grow/germ station?

Regards,
-Tristan

Edmick said:
I posted this in another thread before but this is a video of my desmodium gyrans plants "dancing". They're really interesting. Charles Darwin studied these plants and couldn't conclude why they react to music. If you look at the small leaflets at the base on the larger leaves you'll see them moving.

That is so cool man! Now I wanna grow em!

Regards,
-Tristan

Just a few of the trays I have going. Still have a bunch in the grow room under lights. These cloudy days are making it pretty difficult to cycle the trays. I have limited lighting in the grow room. So I'm trying to take advantage of every sunny day I get. It's going to be sunny for at least the next week though so hopefully I can get everything moved outside.

Funny thing about our chickens is ,in their coop there are about a dozen boxes for them to lay eggs in, but they all lay in the same box. [emoji846]

Glass gem corn. Amazing what a heated propagation tray does. Had these sitting for a week in the garage (nights in the 50s and days in the 70s) and no germination. Put them on some heat and POOF 2 days later 100 percent germination.

Back