• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Silver Surfer's 2010 Grow

These Aji de la Tierra pods have some funky ridges.
UnknownPod.jpg

This one is really looking great. Did you already had this variety last year ? Would be interested to hear something about the taste & heat.

Love the shape of the Aji Cereza. That one is going to put out for sure!

Roots on the Douglah look nice, thick, and white - very healthy.

Keep up the good work!

You definatly know your stuff SS. Those plants look spectacular!!!. I love the variety you have too. Very Very nice set up and great thread.

This one is really looking great. Did you already had this variety last year ? Would be interested to hear something about the taste & heat.

No, this is my first year growing this variety from Beth at Peppermania, but should have a taste/heat report for ya before too much longer. :)

Love the shape of the Aji Cereza. That one is going to put out for sure!

Roots on the Douglah look nice, thick, and white - very healthy.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks, I hope to be picking some ripe pods b4 too much longer. My first year growing the Douglah and am looking forward to tasting these.

You definatly know your stuff SS. Those plants look spectacular!!!. I love the variety you have too. Very Very nice set up and great thread.

Much appreciated MH, you've got a very nice collection of plants too.

Thanks SD, web pics of the plant caught my eye too. In the long run it's actually less work because the only thing that requires a hoe this season ( besides me :lol: ) is the corn. I just go out and switch a valve on rows that need it periodically, but am disappointed in the performance of the cheap soaker hose I purchased from Sam's Club.I've never bothered trying to sell anything, but I do give a LOT of extra produce away to neighbors each season (my freezer and pantry can only hold so much). I just love helping stuff grow. :)

Wow you have the luckiest neighbors in the world lol.

Wow SS, being brand new to this game, hope I can be gorwing like that in a few seasons. thanks for the pics. Seeing these kind of plants is inspiring.

Thanks all.

1. Neil is the pro at the vid game. ;)
2. Don't have a video camera
3. I don't ever see me trying to upload a vid over dialup (Hell, some vids I watch online take an hour or more to DL.)

I'll settle for a 25 word description. I was going to ask for 50 words but I'm not sure if there are that many to describe hot and pain.

Your plants all look amazing SS, I have a feeling we'll be seeing plenty of harvest pics this year. You know what, when you're in the dead of summer and your plants are getting knocked about, the ones going thirsty now will probably kick arse. I don't know why but I like the look of the Aji de la Tierra plant, I too would like to hear what you think. Best of luck with it all.

[quote name='Silver_Surfer' date='10 June 2010 - 10:44 AM'They bring me stuff that I'm not growing too, so it works both ways. :)
[/quote]
oh thats nice, my mine is growing a bunch of tomatoes so we may do a trade so we can make some salsa! Its nice when things work out both ways.

I'll settle for a 25 word description. I was going to ask for 50 words but I'm not sure if there are that many to describe hot and pain.
OK p, I'll try and give ya your money's worth. :)

Isn't SS neighbor a graveyard? Seem to remember that from all the Pr0n last year:lol:
Hehe, yes, but I do have living neighbors about 1/2 mile away. :lol:

Your plants all look amazing SS, I have a feeling we'll be seeing plenty of harvest pics this year. You know what, when you're in the dead of summer and your plants are getting knocked about, the ones going thirsty now will probably kick arse. I don't know why but I like the look of the Aji de la Tierra plant, I too would like to hear what you think. Best of luck with it all.
Thanks, I hope they at least return a few seed pods. Beth said the Aji de la Tierra was one of her faves too and will give ya'll my taste results.

oh thats nice, my mine is growing a bunch of tomatoes so we may do a trade so we can make some salsa! Its nice when things work out both ways.
Sounds like a perfect trade match. :)

Back