• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Silver_Surfer's season starts

Why I believe I have a new desktop background.

SS you've stepped it up to another level brother. That is a serious harvest and those are some serious pepper plants. You ever think of filling up a bathtub with them and jumping in? :rofl:

Dayummmm. Need to drink some water to replace all the drool on my keyboard.

Question. How do you store? Pickling, freeze, dry, load on a shuttle and shoot into orbit?

Harvest1_8-17-11.jpg

That's it! I'm moving to texas!

So wait, what are those white/pale pods in the front middle of the picture, Silver?

lookin real good!
what other veggies do you have going?
Well, I had corn, but it's finished producing, cantaloupe, but the deer got the lion's share of that, okra (serious overload), 4 types of pole beans, maters, loads of butternut squash and cucumbers.

That's it! I'm moving to texas!

So wait, what are those white/pale pods in the front middle of the picture, Silver?

Texas??? I hear it's hot in Texas. :) They're more of a peach color and I'm told they are supposed to ripen red. I planted them as PI 441598, a chile from Brazil.

Here's a pic I made of some of the varieties I'm growing, right or wrong. It's not complete and I'll add pics of more later as they ripen.
PeppersTagged.jpg

Good looking science project you got going there SS. Hope you win first place bro.

Is that a 14" ruler you're using for comparison? The Pimento Super Red is definitely that! What a monster!

You ain't that old Robert. You remember pinning bugs and such and putting everything on a poster board and competing with classmates on who had he best one. Only reason I though of it was my youngest son was recently in one.

Seven inches eh?

Holy crap nuggets! :eek:

So many pods! Those are some nice harvests! I'll be happy if I get a tenth of that this season.

You ain't that old Robert. You remember pinning bugs and such and putting everything on a poster board and competing with classmates on who had he best one. Only reason I though of it was my youngest son was recently in one.

Seven inches eh?

We did it with leaves we would get from the woods and identify. I was picking up what you were throwing down. :lol:

Back