• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Silver_Surfer's season starts

Appreciated fellas.

Buddy, everything I do is documented in this thread. I don't know what I could add to it in person. :)

The move from Pro-Mix BX to my mix doesn't seem to have slowed them down too much. Here are a few that were moved to the #1 pots 4 days ago. Today marks their 39th day from seed, except for the Maui Purple at 29 days. It's really windy today so they get a little more shelter on the pack porch.
39dayplants.jpg

Top to bottom, left to right.
Marouga Long, PI 441629, Aji Panca, Limon, Scotch Bonnet Best

Bih Jolokia, Congo Trinidad, Peruvian Chinense, 7 Pod SR strain, Maui Purple

Inorka, Douglah, Naga Morich, Bonda Ma Jacques, Pimenta da Neyde

Jalabanero, Mustard Hab, 7 Pod Brown, 7 Pod Brain Strain, 7 Pod Yellow

:eek:

wow, amazingly healthy and beautiful.
off to this good of a start, here's hoping they keep getting better and flood you with pods.

They look amazing! I wish mine looked as good as yours (thats what she said) lol

I hope Spring comes early enough for you. They are really taking off!

Mine were started the week of Christmas, and yours are twice the size of mine. Guess that shows ya what Pro Mix will do. Glad I got me some now!

Just reading through your grow list...... What exactly is the difference between a 7 brown and a 7 chocolate?

This 7 Chocolate was a cross between a 7 pod and a Jamaican Hot Chocolate that I believe Madhatter first started sending out a few years ago. The 7 Brown came directly from Trinidad I believe so I don't know if anybody knows exactly what it is other than trinihottie. Judy (Pepperlover) might know.
There are so many names now it is hard to know what your growing exactly. For example Hippy seed co sells a Chocolate 7 but also calls it a Douglah. So his Chocolate 7 is probably not the same as this Chocolate 7. If you are looking for this Chocolate 7, I was told Beth at Peppermaina used to sell it. She had it listed this year but I don’t know if she ever got around to having seed for it available. The Brown 7 was one of the 3 hottest chiles I tested last year, and they both had an awesome flavor.

Wow, I'm almost sorry I asked :lol: This is almost like throwing all the different Skittles in one bowl and picking one out with your eyes closed. Never know what you're gonna get!

Thanks Beagle, and cute dog.

Hey there SS! Don't give up on the chiltepins I sent you. Those little buggers can take a long time to pop. I was lucky and got one to go early.

The weather doesn't want to cooperate this Spring and not much to see yet. It got down to 36F last week and next weekend doesn't look prime for plant out either.
4-10-11forecast.jpg

So everything is still in a holding pattern for now, but I think I'll go ahead and transplant my Manzanos since they enjoy the cool nights.
04-10-11_Plants.jpg

That is most impressive indeed SS!
Incredible growth.Great work Man! :cool:

I am also waiting for that storm to pass tomorrow night!
I think it will be safe after that!

Kevin

Looking great SS. Yeah havent seen you in a while. I wish we had those temps this time of year. I still have snow in the backyard:(
At least i have something to look forward too since your plants will be producing much earlier than mine.

booyah! Fantastic looking crop on the front porch SS, some really gigantic plants. Need to get those plants in the ground and let the roots spead out. I have knocked off dirt from stumps last year that still had the beer cup shape and round like the bottom of the cups. What type maters you got on tap this year? How many pepper plants are on that porch, kinda hard to see. Excited to see you back here and following your magnificent growing skills. Ride the wave bro. :beer:

Back