• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Silver_Surfer's season starts

booyah! Fantastic looking crop on the front porch SS, some really gigantic plants. Need to get those plants in the ground and let the roots spead out. I have knocked off dirt from stumps last year that still had the beer cup shape and round like the bottom of the cups. What type maters you got on tap this year? How many pepper plants are on that porch, kinda hard to see. Excited to see you back here and following your magnificent growing skills. Ride the wave bro. :beer:

Thanks all.

There are 151 pepper plants Cappy and the toms are Aunt Gertie's Gold, Black From Tula, Brandywine OTV, Tomande, Celebrity, Pineapple and Virginia Sweets.

Hopefully it will dry out enough this week to finally get started putting some roots in the ground. I got lucky and just missed the tornadoes Friday, but the temp this AM was 38F. :(

The weather doesn't want to cooperate this Spring and not much to see yet. It got down to 36F last week and next weekend doesn't look prime for plant out either.
4-10-11forecast.jpg

So everything is still in a holding pattern for now, but I think I'll go ahead and transplant my Manzanos since they enjoy the cool nights.
04-10-11_Plants.jpg

SS how the heck do you get those plants that big in such small pots? Don't you get rooting problems? Man I have had plants nowhere NEAR that tall and they basically quit growing because they got root bound. I would love to know your secret. Those are tomatoes aren't they?

Your plants are beautiful. Every time I read your posts it makes me go back to snacks youtube page and watch him eat that 7Pod yellow you sent him. Man that thing was huge..looked like he was trying to shove a small pumpkin into his mouth :)

Oh and I had to edit this because I just noticed your weather that doesnt want to cooperate! lol..yea right..i would LOVE to have yours. Here is mine

weather-1.png

They're a little larger this AM and are way past ready to move to a larger home for their roots which should give them a huge growth spurt.

No secret, they're growing in some unammended BX and fed with an occassional weak dose of Foliage Pro. Yep, the roots are cramped, but I don't expect any problems once they make the move to more space.
Tomatoes4-17-11.jpg

Here's to better weather. :cheers:

Snacks is a wildman. :)

I'd can't wait to see some of the pod pixs. I've been wondering how big your, Prik si som pods will get? In the new place we live they have Prik key nuu cow (white) with a little less heat but man are people here loving them. I as well have more seedlings coming up hoping for better luck with the Habs this time.

Thanks all. 151 pepper plants lee.

The plants do it all P, I just watch. :)

Heavy rains have kept it too wet and created some washes, but it's been windy and dry these past few days and tomorrow the ground should be dry enough to till and layoff some rows.
Soggy.jpg

The plants are still patiently waiting.
Plants-1.jpg

Well most of them are anyway.
Pods.jpg

The pubes are starting to bloom too.
Pubes-1.jpg

Have fun in the dirt tomorrow and I can't wait to see what your plot looks like when when you have built your rows and everything is planted and mulched. Nice work SS I hope to have some land with a source of fresh water someday plants looks great.

Oh and I had to edit this because I just noticed your weather that doesnt want to cooperate! lol..yea right..i would LOVE to have yours. Here is mine

weather-1.png

Exactly what I was thinking, I would love to have that weather right now. That forecast you posted looks really familiar. Rain and no sun 8 of out of the next 10 days here. :(

Yo SS! You out there? Anything happening with your plants in the last 27 days or so? You gettin' to be lazier than I am bro. Or heck even as bad as the beaglemonster. I wonder if his plants are doing anything. I'm having too much fun. :)

Not much was happening with the plants to warrant an update. The first half of May was the coldest on record here since 1921 with temps dipping into the 30's at night; so I didn't get the plants set out in the garden until the 3rd week of May, a full 6 weeks behind schedule compared to last season's first week in April plant out.

I'll try and snap a few pics in the AM while it's still cool and show how far behind my grow is this season. :(

Cant wait to see some pics!
And we know how you roll SS!
Wont be long at all till we have tables full of peppers and Jack!!! :beer:

Kevin

Back