• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

recipe Simple red wine vinegar sauce

I made a simple red wine vinegar sauce this week. I was pleased with the sauce. I will probably repeat this recipe in the future, and I may try experimenting with red wine vinegar in other hot sauce recipes. The aji fantasy peppers resulted in a sweeter and milder sauce than I am used to.

Ingredients:
8 oz peppers (I used 7 oz aji fantasy, and the remaining 1 oz was a few fish peppers and west indies red habanero)
6 garlic cloves
one tablespoon salt
1/8 teaspoon xanthan gum
1.5 cups red wine vinegar
1/2 Carrot (I cut carrot in half, and used the large half)

Blend in blender, then bring to boil in sauce pan and simmer for 7 minutes.

I have made several more batches of hot sauce with red wine vinegar.

I have tried a few brands of red wine vinegar. My favorite is Filippo Berio which is 7% instead of the usual 5%. Since the vinegar is 40% stronger, I increased the peppers in my recipe by 40%.

I get mine from an Italian import store, and I don't see it for sale online but is def my fave.
Bel Aria Chianti Red Wine Vinegar 7%.

image.jpg

I wouldn't use it for any sort of preservation (although I'm certain it's higher concentration than the store bought - just not willing to risk my health on it), but it's great for cooking. Much better flavor than the store bought.

Back