• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

SineNomine 2023

IMG_20230303_145332 de coperta.jpg

In this picture are 2 Dwarf Chiltepin from seeds from Semillas that sprouted on February 15. One of them shows signs of starting to branch out. A very nice growth habit for this variety. One of them will turn into a bonchi.

Links to my grow logs:

Hanging pots:
From the varieties grown in previous years:
- Fatalii - V2 2022 (original seeds from Semillas) - 2 plants
- Fatalii - V1 2022 (original seeds from PaulG / Cane Dog) - 1 plant
- Papa Dreadie SB - V1 2022 (original seeds from Sawyer G3) - 2 plants

New varieties:
- Humble Servants Homestead SB - MarcV 2022 - 2 plants
- KS Lemon Starrburst - Semillas 2022 - 2 plants
- PI 215734 - Semillas 2022 - 2 plants
- Aji Dulce Peruano - Thegreenchilemonster 2018 - 1 plant
- Aji Dulce Rojo - Semillas 2022 - 2 plants
- Frontera Sweet - Semillas 2022 - 2 plants

Bottom pots.
Here I have only one variety already grown, namely Goliath Jalapeno from PaulG. I will have almost half of the pots filled with Annuum from Spain.
- Goliath Jalapeno - V1 2022 (original seeds from PaulG) - 2 plants
- Farmers Jalapeño - Semillas 2022 - 2 plants
- De Arbol - Semillas 2022 - 2 plants
- Tap de Corti - MarcV 2020 - 2 plants
- Ñora - MarcV 2022 - 2 plants
- Jaranda - MarcV 2022 - 2 plants
- Jeromin - MarcV 2022 - 2 plants
- Pimiento Piquillo - Semillas 2022 - 2 plants
- Piment d´Espelette - Semillas 2022 - 3 plants
- Piment d´Espelette - MarcV 2020 - 2 plants

An hour ago, I soaked the C. Chinense seeds in a solution of 2% saltpeter in distilled water.

IMG_20230303_203817.jpg

I will leave it for 2 hours, after which I will empty the saltpeter solution and put a solution of H2O2 0.3% plus Rhizotonic 1% for almost 24 hours..
Tomorrow I will put C. Chinense seeds in Root Riot cubes.

Last edited:
Yesterday I sowed the C. Annuum seeds.
After 2 weeks C. Chinenense have a germination of only 48.04%. The saddest thing is that Humble Servants Homestead SB has not germinated a single seed so far.
It is amazing that the seeds from 2018 germinated 14 out of 17, 82.35%.
Soon I will have to transplant the small plants into individual pots with perlite.

IMG_20230319_063938.jpg

I still have some HSH SB seeds left if you're interested... but I guess by the time you get them it will be a bit late...

Have to say the germination of those seeds isn't excellent here either and they aren't strong growers compared to other chinenses...

Last edited:
It looks like more than 50% have put up at least one sprout by now, though - is that right? It seems usually if one comes up in a cube, others aren't too far behind. Is it easy with the root riots to transplant multiple sprouts from one cube?
It is 48% of the number of C. Chinense seeds planted two weeks ago. There is still time for the rest or a large part of them to germinate.
If I have enough netpots for the number of plants I want to grow, the rest of the plants will be sacrificed. Always a very hard job. If I want to divide the plants from a cube, cut the cube in two while the plants are still small. That way I don't disturb the roots too much.

I still have some HSH SB seeds left if you're interested... but I guess by the time you get them it will be a bit late...

Have to say the germination of those seeds isn't excellent here either and they aren't strong growers compared to other chinenses...
Thanks, Marc, but it's a bit late this year. We can try next season. Or maybe they will germinate in the end... 🙂

Give the HSH SB a bit more time, you never know
Sure, Tink. I still hope that those seeds will germinate.

That balcony photo is amazing! Can't wait 'til you share this years version.

Looks like you're off to a good start, best of luck on the grow this year.
Thank you Oscar!
I am also looking forward to the warm season, with the balcony full of greenery and fresh peppers

The plants in the office started to grow rapidly. One of the Dwarf Chiltepin was left a little behind due to the roots breaking during transplanting, but it is quickly catching up.
They stay in a kind of "aquarium" with heating because the room does not have heating overnight.

IMG_20230321_090600.jpg

L.E.
I can't take pictures with the light on because the working frequency of the LED is quite low and it gives me black stripes on the image.
This is a 20W 3500k LED, without a lens, with a built-in source.
I have this problem with all my grow lights. The plants don't seem to mind this. 😊

Last edited:
IMG_20230321_205113.jpg

I wanted to post this picture of a tiny Fatalii because I really like it. So small, but with real seedling proportions! 😍

So I will also do a small update.
Now every netpot with C. Chinense has at least one plant apart from HSH SB which did not show any hook. I'm waiting... :confused:

In the following days, I have to start transplanting them into 1 l pots with perlite. This year I will not use last year's pots, made by me, because they are rigid and I cannot remove the roots without partially breaking them. I bought pots for seedlings of 11x11x12 cm. It shouldn't be bad.

Great to hear most varieties have germinated for you! That tiny Fatali will be big and productive before you know it! 💪
Those P11 pots will do great, i use them also for all my chinense and they are just big enough to provide sufficient rootspace till plant out for me.

That little plant will have the chance to grow and show what it can do. 🙂

The pots used last year were taller, 16 cm. The problem was that the roots quickly go to the bottom of the pot and multiply in that area without multiplying at the top. When transplanting, they are very sensitive and break easily.
I will only use those pots for growing the plants I want to test.

Great to hear the HSH finally made it. They tend to be a bit slower...
Next year I'll give your fatalii another try 🙂 yeah I know, that's still almost a year from now... 🙄 I have some other fatalli varieties I'd like to grow also...

That's what I'll do... I figured that the end of September is a great time to start next years' chinense plants. Still warm enough to not need a propagator to start the seeds and the plants are large enough to make them survive the witnter inside the veranda with a minimum of heating.

Back