• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

SKULLBIKER'S 2023 FLOG(food log)

As with my GLOG, I'm getting started a bit late with this thread!
I'll start out today with my simple lunch.
A peanut butter & jelly sandwich.

6DB4DB5D-56FB-4BF6-903C-7313B55B208E.jpeg

Using this jelly.

497A1758-2884-43D1-A4C6-3DF00CF93E7E.jpeg

All I can say is that it is wonderful.

Those yolk colors are like the difference between store-boughts and free-range bug eating chickens. Dang, I miss my neighbor who always had a herd of chickens running loose and eating all the good stuff. We had a 14 year run with the best eggs ever for a dollar a dozen.

Hey, how about a little help? I don't know what that is and I don't do ticktok. Or facebook.

Well, I certainly haven't posted on this thread in a while! I guess it's time to get back into the swing of it. I just finished a batch of freeze dryed pepper powder. I pulled several bags of peppers (low to mid heat) out of the freezer and started running them through the blender, and then into a big bowl and stirred it all together. I ended up with 5 liters of pure mash, nothing added, not even water. I put one liter of mash in each tray and into the freeze dryer they went.
After freeze drying I recovered just over 4 liters of water.

8CE11A26-6603-4CD5-8757-3B0A0BF8357F.jpeg

The mash in the trays becomes a big sheet of super-dried mash. I broke that up into chunks and ran it through another blender.
I ended up with 510 grams of powder that I vacuum sealed into little recycled pickle jars(from Dollar Tree).

6C9ACAB8-50BE-4951-B0DD-199F4641D508.jpeg

A little taste test tells me it's pretty good. The peppers in it are Sahuaro Big Chili, Orange Spice Jalapeno, PeppaPeach, Antep Aci Dolma, Sugar Rush Peach, Lemon Spice Jalapeno, and Albanian Red Hot.
The next batch may be all mixed rocotos, I haven't ever made powder from them yet.

Back