• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

SKULLBIKER'S 2024 G.O.LOG

skullbiker

Extreme Member
I guess it's time to do this thread too! This will include veggies, fruits, and any other things growing on my property. Oh, and probably a pic here and there of the local wildlife. Let's start with the wildlife, a Screech Owl to start with and apparently it has one bad eye. I found this in my Fiddle Leaf Fig tree just a few days ago. It let me get within about two feet for a good photo shoot.

IMG_6666.jpeg

IMG_6668.jpeg

IMG_6670.jpeg

IMG_6672.jpeg

The Banana plant by the screen porch, Every year I say I'm going to move it and haven't done it yet.

IMG_0413.jpeg

And one of the two out of season pineapples. We just ate the other one, this one will be ripe soon.

IMG_0417.jpeg

Time for some updates. Here's the current state of the Banana bunch.

IMG_0656.jpeg

And the pineapple that's taking its time to get ripe.

IMG_0677.jpeg

I have a few kossak kohlrabi like this one that I need to pick and pickle, It's about 6" across.

IMG_0659.jpeg

Group shot of Kossak Kohlrabi and Cabbage plants.

IMG_0660.jpeg

More cabbage plants.

IMG_0658.jpeg

German Giant Radishes.

IMG_0670.jpeg

Daikon Radishes.

IMG_0672.jpeg

Group shot of radishes and purple kohlrabi.

IMG_0671.jpeg

You've been busy, SB.πŸ™‚ The cabbage looks great. And I agree about the bugs - where's the cabbage loopers? lol. I got a ? for you. How would you describe the taste of fresh kohlrabi? Believe it or not, I've yet to try one. I'm wondering if that's something I might should grow this year.

You've been busy, SB.πŸ™‚ The cabbage looks great. And I agree about the bugs - where's the cabbage loopers? lol. I got a ? for you. How would you describe the taste of fresh kohlrabi? Believe it or not, I've yet to try one. I'm wondering if that's something I might should grow this year.

I'm probably not the correct person to describe the taste of anything. An internet search will likely give you much better answers. I think it tastes like a blend of several vegetables in the Brassicaceae(cabbage, broccoli, etc) family. I've eaten it raw, cooked, pickled, stir fried, etc.. I'm a lover of cabbage and all the related veggies so it works for me.

A little more "growing other" stuff.
First, a few tomato plants.
Saucey tomato

IMG_0655.jpeg

Tomatoberry

IMG_0662.jpeg

IMG_0664.jpeg

IMG_0668.jpeg

Pretty-In-Pink Tomato

IMG_0669.jpeg

Here are the Passion Fruit vines, totally out of control and in need of trimming. They have out grown the 10 foot trellis wall, crossed over to the Fiddle Leaf Fig tree and over that about 20 ft up into the oak tree. I have 8 pints of the fruit pulp in the freezer from the recent harvest. Do not look at the junk in the background(it's not quite spring cleaning time)!

IMG_0657.jpeg

One of two Eucalyptus Trees that I got in trade for two Miracle Fruit plants. New growth is REAL fuzzy.

IMG_0665.jpeg

IMG_0666.jpeg

I got four Barbados Cherry plants/trees, also a trade for Miracle Fruit plants.

IMG_0667.jpeg

I'll finish with the star of the show in bloom, my big 'ol Mango Tree.

IMG_0674.jpeg

IMG_0675.jpeg

Time for some updates. Here's the current state of the Banana bunch.

IMG_0656.jpeg

And the pineapple that's taking its time to get ripe.

IMG_0677.jpeg

I have a few kossak kohlrabi like this one that I need to pick and pickle, It's about 6" across.

IMG_0659.jpeg

Group shot of Kossak Kohlrabi and Cabbage plants.

IMG_0660.jpeg

More cabbage plants.

IMG_0658.jpeg

German Giant Radishes.

IMG_0670.jpeg

Daikon Radishes.

IMG_0672.jpeg

Group shot of radishes and purple kohlrabi.

IMG_0671.jpeg
Everything looks good buddy, good job! What do you use against cabbage worms? None of your kohlrabi seem to have holes in the foliage πŸ€”

Same answer as in post #5. πŸ€”
I was asking because mine take a severe beating every year (they don't seem to suffer much since they grow to a decent size). I use Bti and it works but I have to repeat the treatment often and since I work out of town a lot during summer, it's almost certain that I will lose the battle at some point!
1709247761110.png

Might as well put up a little more "growing other". The first blossoms on one of the Barbados Cherry plants.

IMG_0715.jpeg

Also some stuff going on with the Mullberry plant. I also got this on trade for a Miracle Fruit Plant.

IMG_0716.jpeg

And a few pics of the Miracle Fruit plants.

IMG_0717.jpeg

IMG_0719.jpeg

IMG_0718.jpeg

And here is the last crop of Miracle Fruit I germinated, I think I have about 80 of these. I may try to sell some of these at some point.

IMG_0720.jpeg

I might as well do an update here. The pineapples are coming right along, at last count there were 28 plants with fruit on them.

IMG_0860.jpeg

IMG_0861.jpeg

I picked and pickled a few of my German Giant Radishes. Here is an example.

IMG_0858.jpeg

I picked a few more kohlrabi and some cabbages and pickled them.

IMG_0843.jpeg

The mango tree is doing it's thing, growing some fruit and dropping some.

IMG_0838.jpeg

IMG_0837.jpeg

Back