• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

SKULLBIKERS Roaring Into The Twenties GLOG

skullbiker said:
A little humor never hurt anyone....amiright?

And, thank you.
I need to check your glog again, you have something rocoto going don’t you?

Yes, growing my first rocoto this year, an Arequipa Giant Red from CaneDog in a 1g Kratky jar.  I'm moving him up to a 5g bucket today, though; he drinks almost a half gallon of solution from the jar every day.  I started him early and he got his own dedicated glog.

[SIZE=25.53px]Last nights pickin.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=19.73px]Unofficial guess is about a peck of unpickled peppers.  [/SIZE]
[SIZE=19.73px]Left to right: Biker Billy Jalapeno, Italian Pepperoncini, Emerald Fire Jalapeno, Martins Carrot & Bhut Jalokia Indian Carbon & Carribean Red, Cayenne, Sweet peppers(Douce D Espagne & Marconi), Numex Jalapeno Orange/Pumpkin Spice(the fat red jalapenos with corking came from the same seed packet) & Sriracha Hybrid Jalapenos, Red & Yellow Brazilian Starfish, last row is Cherry Bombs and Jalapeno Giantia(which is most certainly not the case, and a few jalapeno unknown crosses which actually are fairly big.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=19.73px]Pic per description above:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=19.73px]
D91172FB-E57C-4E73-BFF9-F5F7324F6CE6.jpeg
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=19.73px]Pic from either end of the table:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=19.73px]
493C0647-6F05-4A33-B8DF-A0B38608D311.jpeg
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=19.73px]
49109B80-1342-4E0C-99FA-FAB1A958654F.jpeg
[/SIZE]

skullbiker said:
Last nights pickin.
Unofficial guess is about a peck of unpickled peppers.  [emoji6]

Left to right: Biker Billy Jalapeno, Italian Pepperoncini, Emerald Fire Jalapeno, Martins Carrot & Bhut Jalokia Indian Carbon & Carribean Red, Cayenne, Sweet peppers(Douce D Espagne & Marconi), Numex Jalapeno Orange/Pumpkin Spice(the fat red jalapenos with corking came from the same seed packet) & Sriracha Hybrid Jalapenos, Red & Yellow Brazilian Starfish, last row is Cherry Bombs and Jalapeno Giantia(which is most certainly not the case, and a few jalapeno unknown crosses which actually are fairly big.

Pic per description above:

attachicon.gif
D91172FB-E57C-4E73-BFF9-F5F7324F6CE6.jpeg

Pic from either end of the table:

attachicon.gif
493C0647-6F05-4A33-B8DF-A0B38608D311.jpeg

attachicon.gif
49109B80-1342-4E0C-99FA-FAB1A958654F.jpeg
Holy hell! What a harvest! Let’s hear what products you are thinking for these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peppergator said:
Holy hell! What a harvest! Let’s hear what products you are thinking for these.
Definitely sauce and relish but beyond that I am unsure what to do with some. I need to get in gear and finish the wiring for my freeze dryer. Once that is up and running I can process 15 pounds at a time. Then into mylar bags with oxygen absorbers and good for 20+ years storage.

Those look a lot like Cabe Gendot
that I grew one season. Seed came
from Trippa in NZ, but I somehow
lost them for my subsequent grows.
Would like to grow them again...

Devv said:
Wow SB, killer productivity!

Will the rains be an all summer deal? Pretty dry here again..

Is the processing getting old yet? I know I'm ready to coast for awhile ;)
From now through October it’s pretty much 70s for lows, low 90s for highs and the daily mid to late afternoon downpour that is generally not more than about 2/10 inch.

The processing is ALWAYS old! I like to grow it, and eat it, but that middle part is a bummer sometimes.

ahayastani said:

And a treat to the eye as well... The photo of SLP for Montufar shows a more pronounced narrowing at the stem than yours, but I assume climatic conditions could influence that (?)

dfZmDoo.jpg
Mine usually look like that photo, these latest ones are kind of puffed up because of the big rains we just had, also the reason for the cracking.

Back