• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

SKULLBIKERS Roaring Into The Twenties GLOG

Mr.joe said:
Crossed with a bell or something? How's the taste?
The F1 had very little heat and a jalapeno/sweet taste. The F2 now has no heat but is very sweet. I am fairly sure the Emerald Fire may have crossed with either Marconi Red or Douce D Espagne as those were near the jalapenos. Anyway, seeds will go down today to try for F3.

Emerald Fire X  F2 seeds down today, direct sown in 6 liter pots. Also an unscientific germination test with 13 seeds in each pot. Now to just wait and see if anything pops.

BA20BBC9-EB8C-418B-B6D7-39A93BFBAB94.jpeg

Mr.joe said:
Seems pretty scientific to me I mean you counted the seeds and you know what size that pot is
Well said ;)

Those Jals crossed with something eh? My Zapotecs, 2 out of 3 turned to be crosses. I have some babies that just came up from 2018 seed which was true last year. Those will be isolated for seed stock.
My cross went hotter, I'm interested in the F2 for grins...

Devv said:
Well said ;)

Those Jals crossed with something eh? My Zapotecs, 2 out of 3 turned to be crosses. I have some babies that just came up from 2018 seed which was true last year. Those will be isolated for seed stock.
My cross went hotter, I'm interested in the F2 for grins...

I have not grown any Zapotecs yet. From what I have read, they are fairly spicy anyway. If your cross is hotter it should make a good sauce pepper. Maybe your F2 will be a scorcher!  

So I started out this morning pulling weeds in containers and picked these peppers in the process.

05C85064-9AE4-428C-97B4-C9826088CCA7.jpeg

After lunch I decided to just pick everything that was ready. I ended up with a basket and a half.
Side view:

83420510-EEFE-4635-9C70-2E3C25A0C2C3.jpeg

Top view:

DDE73F60-5679-4A8B-925F-FDC6B836EF7B.jpeg

Laid out on the table:

5AA64625-BFC0-4533-972E-097717FF0C99.jpeg

And we do not want to forget about todays Rocotos.
Top row L—R: Orange Giant Rocoto(first ripe pod), Gelbe Riesen Giant Yellow Rocoto, Equadorian Sweet Rocoto(I have one plant producing the larger left pod), Pineapple Rocoto, Rocoto San Isidro, and below those are the wonderful Rocoto Montufars.

0862BDD9-3BE1-4496-8214-D0CA8FF05D08.jpeg

Here is the cut away line up of the Rocotos picked today, top down:
The larger pheno of the Equadorian Sweet Rocoto, this one is sweeter than the smaller pods.
Gelbe Riesen Giant Yellow Rocoto
Orange Giant Rocoto
Pineapple Rocoto, this one has a pleasant citrus/sweet taste(probably my second to the Montufars)
Rocoto Montufar, these are without a doubt an awesome tasting pepper
Rocoto San Isidro, at this point, meh, maybe the later pods will be better

F26CC75A-15F8-4D74-9F6D-DE6828DF59F4.jpeg

I guess I had better reply to some previous posts. Currently trying to deal with some air conditioner issues.

ahayastani said:
Truly beautiful... :surprised: The table, impressive... :surprised:

Thanks, there is nothing like a table full of fresh peppers. Too bad now work is involved.

HeatMiser said:
Another awesome haul SB... great job!

I wonder how many pounds of peppers you've harvested so far...

I am not sure, when the plants started to produce I had planned on weighing everything. Unfortunately, that would take extra time.

Siv said:
I need to go get me some more MTN Dew...

A person cannot have too much Diet Dew!

DownRiver said:
Every time I look at this thread I simply go "Wow". Nicely done SB.

Thanks, things in the garden are actually doing what they are supposed to do.

Uncle_Eccoli said:
What do you do with it all, SB?

I currently have literally gallons of peppers fermenting.

Devv said:
That's what I was wondering? Giving them away yet?

So far I have given a significant amount to neighbors, and various service people that have been here got some.

Back