• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

SKULLBIKERS Roaring Into The Twenties GLOG

Two types of White Habaneros, a few Equidorian Sweet Rocotos, and some Devils Brains. I may try fermenting a sauce with the White Habs as there are quite a few on the plants right now.

AACBEDF2-6294-41BB-8258-5567AA38F5B9.jpeg

My list of seeds planted for the fall/winter grow. A couple of some, several of others. Seed is from venders and year received, MSS is my saved seed, most from the last year.

7 Pot Brainstrain Red/ Jim Duffy 20
Antep Aci Dolma/MSS
Beaver Dam Pepper/ Sandia Seeds 20
Big Bertha Sweet Pepper/ Reimer 20
Biker Billy Jalapeno/MSS
Buena Mulata Pepper/ Jim Duffy 20
Calabrian Pepper/ Jim Duffy 20
Cherry Bomb/MSS
Chichimeca Jalapeno/ Totally Tomatoes 20
Emerald Fire Jalapeno/ Park Seeds 17
Jalafuego Jalapeno/ Reimer 20
Jalmundo Numex Jalapeno/ Sandia Seed 20
Jalapeno Orange Spice/MSS
King Arthur Hybrid Pepper/ Totally Tomatoes 20
King of the North Bell Pepper/ Totally Tomatoes 20
Lido Lamuyo Sweet Pepper/ Reimer 20
Mammouth Jalapeno/ Reimer 20
Manganji Pepper/ Jim Duffy 20
Monzano Orange Rocoto/ MSS
Mucho Nacho Jalapeno/ Reimer 20
Mucho Nacho Jalapeno/ Totally Tomatoes 20
Paquime Hybrid Jalapeno/ MSS
Pineapple Rocoto/MSS
Primo Jalapeno/MSS
Rocoto Guatamala Orange/MSS
Rocoto Montufar/MSS
Rocoto Rio Haulugo/MSS
Sahuaro Big Chili/ My saved seed 18
Sugar Rush Peach/ Jim Duffy 20
Traveler Jalapeno/ Totally Tomatoes 20
Unknown Large Jalapeno(was originally supposed to be orange spice)/MSS
Unknown Large Red Rocoto/ MSS
Zapotec Jalapeno/ Jim Duffy 20

C5E95197-DF28-4C65-8CB5-6F7562E0FE77.jpeg

19E243DC-1266-49FA-9043-9FC906B4446C.jpeg

083957AF-2247-4256-866C-D0C465C906B7.jpeg

And away we go!

Siv said:
Wow SB! That's a lot of new plants. Can you share your reasons for new starts? I would imagine that your current crop will still be producing and I have heard anecdotally that the second crop tends to be larger than the first.

As far as my reasons for new plant starts, now that I can plant/grow pretty much year around I am doing it just because I can. Also, I can try more different peppers in less time than my previous residence. Also, just replacing some that are not that desirable to me after trying them. Although I think the Rocoto and chinense types may continue beyond a seasonal period I am not so sure with the annums. I may try cutting a few of them back as some are very tall and lanky(I have some 8 foot tall bell pepper plants). But anyway, my personal experiments will carry on.

Pulled a few more red peppas yesterday. Devils Brain, Caribbean Red, and Bhut Jalokia Indian Carbon.

6C6B0D09-5985-44CE-B2F8-5099F300DC52.jpeg

Super heavy rain storm with a massive amount of lightning last night. Hopefully the little seedlings didn't get hammered down too badly. The lightning usually greens things up as it puts more nitrogen into the air. 

ahayastani said:
You sure?

HP-D-03.jpg
Off topic:
I wonder about this. Maybe not about the actual manufacturer of Dawn, but about the advertising department..........

To make those commercials where the rescue workers are removing oil from wildlife with Dawn, and the quality of photography is not that of an actual rescue site, to me.......I think they’re putting the oil on first, just to remove it with Dawn.
If they do this and the faux oil is water-based, then it negates Dawns “grease-removal” claims.

I don’t know. These are the kind of things I think about when I’m at a baseball game and they ask for a moment of silence.

Sorry for hijacking.

Bhuter said:
Off topic:
I wonder about this. Maybe not about the actual manufacturer of Dawn, but about the advertising department..........

To make those commercials where the rescue workers are removing oil from wildlife with Dawn, and the quality of photography is not that of an actual rescue site, to me.......I think they’re putting the oil on first, just to remove it with Dawn.
If they do this and the faux oil is water-based, then it negates Dawns “grease-removal” claims.

I don’t know. These are the kind of things I think about when I’m at a baseball game and they ask for a moment of silence.

Sorry for hijacking.
Just very clever editing on their end, and taking advantage of shitty situations. 

Back