• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

SKYPE "free video calls" - Anyone use it ?

http://www.skype.com

-from web-
"With Skype you can make free Video calls over the Internet to other people on Skype for as long as you like, to wherever you like. It is free to download."

I only found this the other day , and now have the whole family on.... novelty at the moment but I can see it will become the ONLY way to call close relo`s overseas or interstate !
Its kind neat, with the ability to "show" and tell ;)

Anybody here use it ???

Yes, heard of it ;), you know you can enter your Skype # in your profile here, and it will appear in your contact area. Then all someone has to do is click it to video call you.

My brother-in-law was away for 2 months doing work in China for the Olympics. My sister and him used it to talk every night. Well I guess it was morning for him, but you get the idea. It worked well enough.

Put it in your profile. Unless you're afraid or random chiliheads popping in :lol:

chilliman said:
Lol, no not really - its the same as my email.
In fact it would be kind cool havin a chat face to face with alot of you !

I've chatted face to face with you and it wasn't a pleasant experience I must say.......

Kidding :rofl:

moyboy said:
I've chatted face to face with you and it wasn't a pleasant experience I must say.......

Kidding :rofl:

:rofl: Though it was cut short, we for sure rubbed the wrong way and I wish never speak with you again.

Ok Im over it.....You wanna have a beer ? :cheers: :lol:

You calling it the wrong way has hurt my feelings.....You didn't complain when the rubbing was happening.........

Does this mean i was used?????

Oh god, I can't bare the thought!!!!!!

:rofl:

oh dear this is going off to an area that I find disturbing :lol:

I've used Skype for chat, haven't bothered with it for a while though.

Back