• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Slater1980 2013

Hi to everyone :)

I'm going to start a glog for 2013 and I plan to finish it but I've got to have open heart surgery soon for a congenital bicuspid aortic valve.

I plan to grow less then half of the amount I did last year so it doesn't become such I commitment to look after the plants especially with all lifting of the plant pots you have to do to bring the plants back in at night to protect against frost.

I will have the help of my lovely girlfriend but I don't want it to become a chor for her to look after them if I can't.

I'm not a man of many words so I tend not to reply to questions with conversation starting answer but I really enjoy posting pictures and updates.

I hope you can all enjoy my glog.

I started by soaking my seeds in plain water for 6hrs,I got the water upto 29c before placing the seeds in water.

3AAF7E5A-E27F-4CDC-8702-D9DFA868EDE6-3211-000001FCB4DB600C.jpg

This is the seed starting medium I chose.

34F0AD16-3D39-4D73-9661-2F6AA70EEFC5-3211-000001FCBDE6C971.jpg

ADBC820F-4278-4671-8AB6-14145F443B60-3211-000001FCB9AB940E.jpg

And the little fellas all tucked up

92EA7CC1-49AE-42AB-8E0A-AF2773FCEE9A-3211-000001FCC277E9A0.jpg

this is what i chose to grow :twisted:

1.jays peach ghost scorpion (2)
2.jays red ghost scorpion (2)
3.peach Bhut (1)
4.carolina reaper (2)
5.7 pot primo (2)
6.7 pot primo orange (2)
7.7 pot brown (1)
8.7 pot bubblegum (2)
9.madballz 7 (2)
10.chocolate naga (2)
11.bhut jolokia (1)
12.rocoto (1)
13.naglah (1)
14.brain strain yellow (1)
15.billy boy Douglah red (2)
16.tsmb (1)
17.assam Indian carbon (1)
18.billy boy Douglah (1)
19.billy boy Jonah (1)
20.butch t Mississippi strain (1)
21.habanero orange blob f2 (1)
22.douglah x butch t scorpion shape (2)
23.douglah x butch t Douglah shape (2)

Sorry that my glog has been lacking of updates:( I just don't seem to find any me time lately with work and stuff

I'll promise to do my best to update ASAP

slater1980 said:
Sorry that my glog has been lacking of updates:( I just don't seem to find any me time lately with work and stuff

I'll promise to do my best to update ASAP
As long as your doing fine, that's the most important part :) but I must admit I'm very curious of your plants.

A little update, ( sorry for the lack of updates )

This is one of the bubblegum plants

null_zps51ab7dc6.jpg

null_zps7b255fcf.jpg

This is my shade corner for some of the plants which were struggling in the direct sunlight "it's been really hot here in the uk" all the new growth on the plants was been destroyed by the sun,I never had to deal with this last year as the weather was never as good as its been this year

null_zpsb1a8f331.jpg

These guys seen to love the direct sun,no signs of damage to new growth :)

null_zps809d6fa1.jpg

lookin good man!

how ya been broham? Hope all is well!
I'll send some pics of my BBG7 once it soaks up all this rain we've been getting! The heat wasn't helping my plants either. So I've had to find some shady spots as well!

Looking good man! Yeah weather is crazy here, been late to warm up and now it's here it's really hot. This time last year floods!

Yaotzin said:
Looking good man! Yeah weather is crazy here, been late to warm up and now it's here it's really hot. This time last year floods!
Thank you :) the weather is pretty crazy and by the looks of it there's more heat to come. Where abouts in uk are you :)
Fremp said:
lookin good man!

how ya been broham? Hope all is well!
I'll send some pics of my BBG7 once it soaks up all this rain we've been getting! The heat wasn't helping my plants either. So I've had to find some shady spots as well!
I've been very well thanks,just very busy. It would be good to see some pictures of the bbg7,

slater1980 said:
Thank you :) the weather is pretty crazy and by the looks of it there's more heat to come. Where abouts in uk are you :)

I've been very well thanks,just very busy. It would be good to see some pictures of the bbg7,
I am in the south east near Guildford. One of my mates has just moved up to Durham hoping to escape some of the summer heat Lol!

It was getting eatin by somin,and then it rained for 3 days...Leaves are friggin huge! Lil beat up tho from the rain/bugs?
Once it gets a lil prettier I'll snap some more pics. This plant loves the Texas heat tho. Not the best looking plant(yet),but def the BIGGEST!

photo8-2.jpg

Yaotzin said:
I am in the south east near Guildford. One of my mates has just moved up to Durham hoping to escape some of the summer heat Lol!
It's been just as bad up there for a change,I'm original from Carlisle and its normally pretty crap summers up north.
Fremp said:
It was getting eatin by somin,and then it rained for 3 days...Leaves are friggin huge! Lil beat up tho from the rain/bugs?
Once it gets a lil prettier I'll snap some more pics. This plant loves the Texas heat tho. Not the best looking plant(yet),but def the BIGGEST!

photo8-2.jpg
Looks like you got a monster on your hands :)

null_zps0fede252.jpg

Have a big BBG7 that was demolished by my dog.
IMG_2824_zpsb90d6712.jpg

IMG_2827_zpsd43fe3c2.jpg

IMG_2830_zpse5314f3c.jpg

I have another one in container with 2 tiny pods.
Thanks again for the seeds. Ie had the chance to share them. Hope everyone's turn true

KiNGDeNNiZ said:
null_zps0fede252.jpg

Have a big BBG7 that was demolished by my dog.
IMG_2824_zpsb90d6712.jpg

IMG_2827_zpsd43fe3c2.jpg

IMG_2830_zpse5314f3c.jpg

I have another one in container with 2 tiny pods.
Thanks again for the seeds. Ie had the chance to share them. Hope everyone's turn true
That's one of the saddest pictures I've ever seen :( looks like they where turning out good for you too.
I was only going to grow one bg7 this year but somehow I've ended up with 3..? I'll be more then willing to send you some more seeds if mine turn out true to type :)

Interesting! Thanks for da pics MON!
The top one if PERFECT,the tiny one is exactly what I was looking for. That "pre skirt" kinda thing. Then right next to it,I'm think 2-3 steps ahead?
I saw a pic somewhere in which they took a pic of each stage once it started budding/pod'n. From Bud to ripened  pod. I think this would be neat for this one...just to watch the "pre skirt" formation,and how it differs from every other pod!
What a cool plant!

Oh and since you forgot...Bayern won! LOL

Back