• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Sleep... is for the weak?

How many hours of sleep does your body naturally tell you to get each night?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 4.2%

Votes: 5 20.8%

Votes: 8 33.3%

Votes: 6 25.0%

Votes: 2 8.3%

• more than 10

• Total voters
Sm1nts2escape said:
The older I get the more I need it seems.
yeah me too

i am 46 and doing the work of a 25 year old, most times it kicks my butt and i need more sleep, sleep seems to be the only cure most times
on the whole i consider myself fortunate if i get 7 hours a day(i work nights), for me sleep has always been a troublesome issue and most of my life, i was born with a touch of hyperactive dysfunction so until i hit my 40's had trouble with natural sleep, now if i can get extra i do and i could fall asleep on a wash line if the wind doesn't blow to hard LOL
thanks your friend Joe

Well over the last 3 weeks I averaged about 5 1/2 hours of sleep per night. I didn't get the flu that was going around just a ear infection.
I finally went and saw the doctor yesterday. Can't hear out of my right ear, and it hurts like hell. Once you get sleep deprivation it is hard to catch up. It may take me several weeks, not just overnight to catch up and build backup my immune system. Your body needs sleep for a reason. Not just sleep, but deep, restful sleep. My min amount of sleep is 7 hours. At 8 hours I'm sitting pretty.

Lucky Dog Hot Sauce said:
Oh come now - how much work could twenty 5 year olds really do?

Oh, wait - you said...never mind.
:D
yeah really i get you, i have a friend who is 22 who i work with and well to be fair and not critical hes not the most reliable person you will meet

the older guys pick up the slack most of the time, and were tired!!

The "for the weak" and "waste of life" comments were just me being facetious and droll. I know it's important, I was just curious to see how many others get less than they should yet think all is well, have sleep problems, or sleep way too much like my wife :)

Geonerd said:

Having met you, I can say with some assurance, "You're not nearly old enough to make that judgement!"   :P

Thank you! I needed that one actually. :)
I may not exactly be a senior citizen yet but I'm plenty old enough to have started freaking out about it.
Pepperjack91 said:
you must also think the consolidation of your memory and the healing of your body is a waste.
Not sure I get your point. :) jk

I get up at 5 am for work and go to bed at 9 pm so I get 8 hours a night. Well slightly less as it takes me a little while to fall asleep sometimes.

impending_bending said:

Thank you! I needed that one actually. :)
I may not exactly be a senior citizen yet but I'm plenty old enough to have started freaking out about it.

Hey, watch your language.  I'm only 50!  ;)

What troubles you, Grasshopper? :halo:
What happened? Did you hit 30 or 35, suffer a bout of insomnia, and suddenly decide to have a mid-life crisis?
Buck up, little camper.  (And save that shit for later!   :D )

I take it you're having trouble getting enough?  (Sleep, that is.)
FWIW, I've found melatonin works well to get you to sleep.  Staying there is a bit more of a mystery...  Good luck!

Geonerd said:
Hey, watch your language.  I'm only 50!  ;)
LMAO no no! I wasn't implying you were a senior!! I didn't think you even 50 actually :)

Geonerd said:
What troubles you, Grasshopper? :halo:
What happened? Did you hit 30 or 35, suffer a bout of insomnia, and suddenly decide to have a mid-life crisis?
hahaha insomnia is unrelated but something like that... Let's go with 30 :shh:  :) You know when you realize that all those things you'd always been planning to do 'in a few years' should have been done long ago and you aren't nearly as young as you like to think you are? yeah...

Back