• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Small harvest from the Rio Grande Valley

Some tails in the Valley

2012-06-01211513.jpg

some piquins on the plants, got 7 different kinds growing, thanks to Chris

these are Texas natives.....

2012-06-03_10-42-25_HDR.jpg

2012-06-03_10-41-16_HDR.jpg

real brainstrain, just not real ripe

2012-06-03124014.jpg

Very pretty plants and pods, Rodney. Congrats!

I've got some Texas Piquin growing, too—seven plants from seeds from that Austin guy, Brian, screen name SmiterQ. They are super robust, with really dark green leaves, and a real interesting growth habit: They keep forking and forking, even as they are still small plants. They are already dense little bushes, before they are even 12 inches tall. Do you see that habit in your Piquins?

Gary

I got two from the same guy, dense little plants, but they make fat red pods.

Have not seen him on here lately.

Send me some zapotec jals,or whatever they are called, when they get ripe Gary......seeds, not pods.

Finally bought a dehydrator to process these guys, brainstrain, butch t, 7 pot reds, barrackpore and various odds and ends

IMAG0186.jpg

my guard dogs

IMAG0184.jpg

Thanks armac !
All gone now , excelent mix of pods ... Got some heat and flavor ... Pretty soon I'll take ya some of my harvest . Again thanks buddy !

Sweet Podage! \m/ Those pequins look similar to the Florida Wilds, all from the same ancestor I suppose. Cool!

The wilds I picked up in fla, don't have that look. Maybe I got something else. Have you seen them?

I was raised in Florida. like I said before, hunted the Everglades and we owned a small grove, 500 or so trees, never seen a wild pepper in Florida.....ever.

From today, right near the Rio Grande, got about 15, in 3 hours

IMAG0208.jpg

Back