Small / Pea Size Peppers

My experience is limited so far, but last year I fell in love with wild Brazil. They taste like spicy fruity pebbles. Not all that difficult to harvest either. When they're good and ripe, they pop right off their pedicels with a gentle pull. 
     If you like sweet, fruity chinenses, I highly recommend them. I think I'm going to try my hand at cross pollenating this year using those as one of the parents. 

The_DoGMaN said:
Chiltepin by far.  I love the smoky flavour and the crazy burn. 

I'll be growing several tepin types this season for the first time. Really looking forward to trying them based on all the praise I've heard.

Hybrid Mode 01 said:
     I'll be growing several tepin types this season for the first time. Really looking forward to trying them based on all the praise I've heard.
I had a very sad year with them for some reason.  My three plants only produced one solitary pod.  I've saved the few seeds and hopefully this year produces better results.  May be too humid here for them I'm not sure.

The_DoGMaN said:
I had a very sad year with them for some reason.  My three plants only produced one solitary pod.  I've saved the few seeds and hopefully this year produces better results.  May be too humid here for them I'm not sure.

I recently acquired seeds for a bunch of different tepin types. Say the word and I can hook you up.

Hybrid Mode 01 said:

I recently acquired seeds for a bunch of different tepin types. Say the word and I can hook you up.
Thanks, I managed to over winter one and collected 7 seeds from the pod so if I can germinate them I'll be set.  I really appreciate the offer though.

The_DoGMaN said:
Thanks, I managed to over winter one and collected 7 seeds from the pod so if I can germinate them I'll be set.  I really appreciate the offer though.

OK. But the season's still young, though. Let me know if you want to try something different like yellow tepin, cappuccino tepin or Judy's CAP 539.

I'm growing grants mystery citrus, yellow tepin and i've been on the fence about doing orange wild brazil again this year or maybe regular wild brazil. I don't grow pequin because I can get them dried all day long down the street for like $1.50 for a 1/4oz

chiltepin said:
I am growing more of these this year. Pequin, Chiltepin, Duke Pequin, Yellow Fire (Semillas), Chiltepin Amarillo, Wild Brazil, Blueberry (Mario Dadomo), maybe a couple more.

Grant I saw another post about your mystery citrus. Info?
A Peruvian coworker picked pods from a plant in a wild cluster that grows in Miami a few years ago when I got into peppers ...

I saved seeds from all of the little peppers, and set out to figure out what it is by growing everything I could find, but none were close ...

I've since distributed a half-dozen seeds or so to a half-dozen folks who are likely to both a) get plants through to pods, and b) have already been doing some breeding, or are likely to share seeds after they grow 'em ...

Since then, hogleg turned me on to charapita (?sp), so there's a new possibility, but otherwise it's a tasty pod worth growing ...

Hybrid Mode 01 said:

I'm tellin' you, man. Say the word. Expand your horizons. Take a look at Judy's CAP 539, too.
I don't think I'll have the room.  I have a lot of types that I have to grow and only space for a few that I want to. :(  Time to rent some land I guess.

Back