• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking Smoked chicken:Marinade, brine, or inject?

Hey Potawie,

How did your chicken work out for you ?

im preparing a couple of birds today, had them in a brine ( first time ) all night...

That is a world class pic LGHT!!

Brining will always help.;)

Kinda the same theory, but I always have a foil tray under anything I smoke. I put a rack over the tray so that the food is not in the moisture, but I always have beer or water under it catching drips and keeping everything moist!

I'll be doing another bird on the smoker soon so I found this thread, but does anybody have a good brine recipe. I basically just need to know how much salt per litre of liquid, and how long to brine. I need to get myself a new salinometre but for now I just need a rough recipe and I thought I'd ask here before googling

Chopped candied ginger??
I'm really looking for someones's personal brine recipe for chicken, or just a salt to water(liquid) ratio. I guess I could use roughly a quarter of the turkey brine recipe go from there but really I just want to know exactly how much salt and how much time brining and work my recipe from there.

Back