• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking Smoked lamb roast

Marinated in a nice spicy Greek style marinade with spice pack from wicked Mike and SmokenFire the in the fridge for two days onto the smoker for 6 hours @ 235 deg
IMG_20150919_101840.jpg
IMG_20150919_104254.jpg
IMG_20150919_150015.jpg
IMG_20150919_164756.jpg

The potatoes were insane!! Lamb just melted in your mouth!!! :)

JoynersHotPeppers said:
I need a sliced picture dammit!
Hahaha Hahaha yeah I'm going to take one from leftovers I have brother!!! :) Didn't carve it till later that day. Took it to family gathering in Charleston. Had to beat my relatives with a stick to keep them off it!! Hahaha after carving and handing out the plates Heather said your friends at THP are going to give me Hell for not taking sliced pics!! Sure after I portion it out she has that epiphany!!! :) hahaha

JayT said:
Yeah, it sounds fantastic, but would loved to have seen some nice medium rare sliced shots.
Am so pissed!!! Was crazy day tried to get some pics from leftovers but Heather heated the rest for gyros. The pics didn't look that great. Really kills me was so perfectly cooked. Was gone in 3minutes hahaha even people who said they don't like lamb loved it. Lamb is hands down one of my favorite proteins to cook on the smoker. And lamb has a nice fat content which works the best for low and slow :)
IMG_20150923_175119.jpg
this was after Heather reheated the camera doesn't show it but even after reheating it still had a pink color. Sorry guy's!!
But made some amazing gyros. Heather makes a mean tzatziki sauce.

But it went over so well I'm doing one next weekend for my aunt's birthday ill make sure to get pics this time!!! :)

Howzit Brada , \m/ (was trying to make a shaka sign) LoL.
That lamb looks off the hook! I've been thinking about smoking a whole lamb for awhile now. You're giving me the motivation I need to get that going.  Cheers 

Back