• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

powder-flake Smoked Powder

oldsalty said:
Hell yeah I love Bishop hat peppers. Shorerider smoke's his with Beachwood then makes his powders. Absolutely one of the nicest tasting powders. I use that on everything. Just made meatloaf gave it the nicest flavor. Haven't really used Beachwood before but am definitely looking into using it in the near future.

Not Beachwood brother, it is smoked with Redgum wood. Could be a bit hard to source in the US, and it weighs almost as much as lead so postage is a killer. Good thing I have some Redgum, and a new Smoker.
20150511_173536.jpg

This was the batch you got (above), sad thing is that I'm almost out of it. :cry:

SR.

SavinaRed said:
One of our residents gave me these miniature salt/pepper shakers that hold between 1/2 to 1oz of pepper. I have one with sea salt, blended pepper, choc hab, thai and jalapeno for work. There stay in my office lol. I just had a bowl of tomato soup with the jalapeno it was delicious.  :)
Hahaha I love those colorful and delicious!! Love being a chili head!! :)
Shorerider said:
Not Beachwood brother, it is smoked with Redgum wood. Could be a bit hard to source in the US, and it weighs almost as much as lead so postage is a killer. Good thing I have some Redgum, and a new Smoker.
20150511_173536.jpg

This was the batch you got (above), sad thing is that I'm almost out of it. :cry:

SR.
Damn I couldn't remember that's right I couldn't source any locally. Sorry sailed off course there thanks for setting me straight brother!! Hahaha I knew I looked for it before then today I was looking at Beachwood.
Great now the minds completely gone!! Hahaha figured it last at least a couple more years!!

And now I to will begin the crying :cry:

No problems mate, we all loose our marbles once in a while, I know I've lost a few.

The main thing is...................wait, what was I talking about again?

SR.

Shorerider said:
No problems mate, we all loose our marbles once in a while, I know I've lost a few.

The main thing is...................wait, what was I talking about again?

SR.
And you are sir? I don't believe we've met! :)

I was bored yesterday so I picked the last crop of ripe Bishops and Starfish and made powders out of them. Also had enough ripened brown fatali to make a jar of powder as well. I'm all set until next fall now. Also made a couple of trays of dried jalapeno pods. Those are still producing for me this late in the season. 

Back