• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking Smoking a precooked ham

Picked up a fully cooked hickory ham at Aldi today. Was thinking about tossing it in the smoker tomorrow. I have some hickory and cherry wood on tap. 

Maybe rub it down with some stone ground mustard, brown sugar and agave nectar. (no honey allergic to bees and scared of it) See what else I got laying around. Maybe some that bhut mustard I have. 

Should I add the brown sugar later in the cook?

D3monic said:
Picked up a fully cooked hickory ham at Aldi today. Was thinking about tossing it in the smoker tomorrow. I have some hickory and cherry wood on tap. 

Maybe rub it down with some stone ground mustard, brown sugar and agave nectar. (no honey allergic to bees and scared of it) See what else I got laying around. Maybe some that bhut mustard I have. 

Should I add the brown sugar later in the cook?

Wow I miss aldis saw the price on that almost crapped myself that would hey 25 bux here. Any who I always do a light sugar pre rub then an hour or so before its done I ad way more light brown sugar and make a glazing shake works perfect every time never burns

10 mins of smoking and out of propane... Off to the store!
alkhall said:

Man, that looks GOOD!
Tganks, rubbed with stone ground and bhut mustard, some famous daves rub and brown sugar with a dash of cinnamon.

awe, for some reason I thought it was a fully cooked ham. Just noticed in the picture it says ready to cook. I thought it was close to done, now I got another 30 degrees to go :(

Starting to look tasty, i've been basting it with dr pepper and brown sugar. 

Yellow mustard and dinner rolls please! Looks good.

I just made a sandwich, sauce for it from mayo, stone ground mustard and some horseradish.

Ham super juicy and smoke flavor all the way through. Scoring it helped.  

Back