food Snow day Cooking Medley 3 items.

Habanero Brie stuff Jalapeno: It is really snowing today in the Hudson Valley, i have very little work to get done, nothing pressing, and i just feel like cooking... the first snack that came to me was this...
I melted down a triangle of Brie Cheese and mixed it with a little heavy cream and 3 pureed habanero peppers. I then used a squeeze bottle to pump it into Jalapeno peppers which i baked for a bit at 350F.
They were very creamy with a nice heat blend.
The best part was i poured the leftover filling back into the brie wedge and let it firm up again in the fridge. Afternoon cracker snack?
a9p7r8.jpg

The next thing i made was a salsa verde:
I processed 1 6lb can tomatillo, 1 md yellow onion, 1 bunch parsley, 3 habanero, 1 red chile, 4tbs garlic, 3 tbs olive oil, 1/4 cup lime juice, white pepper and salt.
The end result was delicious but i broke it up into 3 containers.
1 is the original recipe, the second 2 cups i added 1 tbs minced ginger and 1 tsp powdered wasabi.
the third is the original plus 1 tsp bhut powder.
2z8u44i.jpg

The third item that will simmer for a few hours is a sausage lentil jambalaya:
turkey and lamb/beef sausage, red and green lentils, tomato, red pepper, onion, garlic, black olives and a creole influenced spice medley...smelling pretty good so far..
2vmsyon.jpg

Enjoy!!!

thanks paul, i got them up with tiny pic again, they are just huge!!! I guess that's ok, it's like the food is right in front of you. I'll get figure out the regular size photos before the next throwdown. I always try using flickr first and they never post. anyway enjoy the pics!

the food looks tasty, loving the rice n' beans & poppers.
yep those pics are huge! the best size for forums are 800x 640 (or something like that, could be 800x600 ?) its been awhile since I've did the option part on the pic hosting site, just go to your options on your pic hosting site & choose different size....pretty simple well at least for photobucket it is.

I love brie poppers myself. Made them on the grill before. Those look fantastic, looks like you stuffed them through the tip? Did you deseed somehow?

thehotpepper.com said:
I love brie poppers myself. Made them on the grill before. Those look fantastic, looks like you stuffed them through the tip? Did you deseed somehow?

Yes i filled them through the tip with a squeeze bottle, no deseeding, I just opened up the canals with a chop stick and poked a little air escape hole on the opposite side. I like to stay with the loose form on some stuff, so a little seed, little placenta, no problem.

Back