• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

So I bought..........

Interesting about the BB strain Douglahs. I have the coolest little Alphanerds Bonchi Douglah.
Heaps of people have the strain now, i know i have probably provided about a dozen or so people with seeds. :)

I was tempted in getting a few douglah seeds when I bought my seeds from THSC, but didn't know anything about them, so I got choc bhut jolokia instead.
I didn't know that it had it's own recent little history in AU. I would have got some if I knew that.

Nothing worse then an interwebby that is playing up.

Well done on the 72 by the way. Thats 72 more then I have up of your Douglah strain from THSC. 0 from 6 so far :(

yeah taking over a minute to load a page, thought i'd burned my d/l limit but its not in the red yet

Be patient, i think i'm in week 7 of sprouting & theres still new ones every day. How long have you had yours in? Are they outdoors?

yeah taking over a minute to load a page, thought i'd burned my d/l limit but its not in the red yet

Be patient, i think i'm in week 7 of sprouting & theres still new ones every day. How long have you had yours in? Are they outdoors?

No they are in a germination box at around 30-32 degrees. But yeah some have been in about 3-4 weeks and the others only 2 weeks.

I am going to turn the germination box off I think and just let the natural temps do their thing from here on out as it seems to have worked with some of my other varieties after taking them out all of a sudden up they pop.

Douglahs and Fatalii's just don't like me :lol:

start letting them dry out for a few hours a day - i dont know why this works but after 4 weeks if i start missing an afternoon watering & letting the trays dry out till the next morning - little shoots start appearing.

(i normally water seeds morning & afternoon to keep them damp up to 4 weeks)

start letting them dry out for a few hours a day - i dont know why this works but after 4 weeks if i start missing an afternoon watering & letting the trays dry out till the next morning - little shoots start appearing.

(i normally water seeds morning & afternoon to keep them damp up to 4 weeks)

Cheers bro I will give it a go!!

How'd it work out Trippa, any sprouts yet?

I've got 92 up & tomorrow i need to start potting up a few of the first ones (they've got their second set of leaves)

potting up into plastic cups (gonna drill a hole in them)

will get a pic tomorrow :)

You are one crazy-ass man, bent! I can't wait to see this progress! :cool:

My firstest ever—and one and only ;)—Douglah:

IMG_6354.jpg

It's an Alphanerdz. :D

A fine looking specimen gasificada, watch out for the pot size....these things grow monstrous root balls
Good to know! I was planning on mainly using 25cm pots this season but after hearing that, I'm pretty sure I'll be whacking this guy into a 30cm one.

And yeah, the little guy is probably due for pot up.... something I had actually planned on doing this arvo until time got away from me!

Back