• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

So, what's the menu for Memorial Day?

I'll be making smoked poppers, wings, kielbasa, venison tenderloins, pork chops, ribs, chicken quarters, corn on the cob, potatoes, baked beans, broccoli salad, and potato salad. Expecting 15-20 people. I'll take lots of pics. What are you making?

FiveStar said:
AJ, looks like you and your guests are in for a real treat. Can't wait to see the after pics. What kind of wood are you smoking the bird and the loin with?

What guests?...gigglin' here...this is just what I am cooking for this weeks left overs...there may be a couple of people coming by later but not sure...its fine if it is just my sweet wife and I....

using hickory...

AJ..very nice spread you got goin' on. Drool factor of 9.5 and could go higher when you post final pics. I'm especially looking forward to the popper pics. What's in the can under the bird?

Cheers, TB.

jalapenos split and cleaned

052509d002.jpg

jalapenos stuffed before wrapping

052509e002.jpg

jalapenos wrapped and ready for smoker...

052509f001.jpg

will smoke these for about an hour or so then take pictures before we eat them...only gonna smoke them for about an hour...

:embaressed to say a diet caffeine free coke is in the can....no canned beer here at the house:

AJ that looks like fake bacon! Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Yup AJ fail...got caught by THP using fake bacon on three poppers...those are for the wife

Damn, these are mouth watering....literally

second plate full of poppers, chicken, and pork loin ready to eat...

I am going to call these Jerkipenos...they are wrapped in ham (for the most part) and the smoking almost makes jerky out of the ham...

052509h001.jpg

chicken looks like it has seen better days....

052509h007.jpg

Pork Loin is going to be delicious...

052509h008.jpg

thesae are going to rest for a while then I will post more pictures of the plating...

Meat sliced and tasted...pork loin and chicken WIN!!!

052509i001.jpg

Nice work AJ. Tip for you on the beer-can chicken: If you find that it is starting to brown too much wrap it in foil. I had the same thing happen to me a few times till I figured that out. I sooooo want one of those poppers. My pics will follow later tonight.

xgrafcorex said:
Whatever they are serving on the ship. :( Have duty that day...not only is it a Federal holiday, it's my damn birthday as well! :mad:

Damn, thats a drag....
Happy Birthday tho!!!

Philipperv said:
Can I lick then?

Made some wings again and decided to put 1/2 a bottle of Z into them. Note to self: DON'T EVER TRY THAT AGAIN! :mouthonfire:

LMAO, 1/2 a bottle of Z...yer crazy mon.

AlabamaJack said:
OK...I got the chicken and pork loin rubbed and ready for the smoker....these are going to be delicious...

ingredients for smoked poppers...the ham is a standard virginia baked ham...these are for snacks this afternoon/evening while the main meal is cooking...

Awesome. Nice smoke rings too on the pork. ;)

Who do I have to kill to get a yard?!?

Heheh..

Back