• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

container Solid7 Super Container Mix

This year, I finally perfect a recipe - hit the jackpot. Works great in our climate, maybe somebody else can put some together and give it a try...

Step 1:

Note: 1 part = 1 gallon nursery pot
Recipe fills 10 gallon cloth pot

Mix

8 parts coco coir
8 parts chunky perlite
4 parts worm castings

Amendments

2 cups azomite
2 cups volcanic/basalt rock dust

Alternate Mix:

6 parts coco coir
5 parts chunky perlite
5 parts pine bark fines
4 parts worm castings

Mix thoroughly. Add to 10 gallon cloth pot. Settle contents, and level.

Step 2:

Mix

2 parts coco coir
2 parts chunky perlite
1/2 part worm castings
1/2 part homemade compost

Alternate Mix:

2 parts coco coir
1 parts chunky perlite
1 parts pine bark fines
1 parts worm castings

Amendments

1/2 cup wood ash
1 cup azomite
1 cup volcanic/basalt rock dust
3 red solo cups rabbit poo/sargassum (composted together - alternate, compost kelp meal with rabbit poo)
1/2 cup crushed egg shell
3 cups humid acid (Down to Earth brand)
2 cups kelp meal
1 red solo cup Dr Earth Tomato and Vegetable fertilizer

Mix all ingredients in step 2, and add on top of ingredients mixed in step 1. (already in the container)

Inoculate with compost tea at first watering.

Scratch 1/4 cup of Dr Earth fertilizer into container each month, being careful not to disturb feeder roots.

Sargassum is a weed that washes up on the beach near our house. I collect about 200 lbs of it at at time, rinse it, and let it rot in a bucket. When it's well rotted, I let it dry out, then mix it with rabbit poo, and inoculate the mixture with compost tea.

Cool mix my friend. Will have try it but I don't think I can get that sargassum in Bama. I could sub some of the other parts. Let me know how the plants are doing.

96strat said:
Cool mix my friend. Will have try it but I don't think I can get that sargassum in Bama. I could sub some of the other parts. Let me know how the plants are doing.
Just sub in the kelp meal. Seaweed is all about trace minerals, and the kelp stimulates root growth with natural hormones.

The plants you gave me have popped right back up. Once they get their first "outside" leaves, it will be time to put them into this mix.

Back