• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Some food I cooked (JayT's Flog)

I couldn't figure out where to post this stuff and didn't want to inundate The Drunken Chef, so I figured I would start my own thread for posting my foods, hot sauces and other creations.

100_1819.JPG

Teriyaki pork chops dusted with Cajun Island Blackening Spice

100_1821.JPG

100_1822.JPG

Pork quesadillas with three kinds of peppers cheddar jack cheese and Pex' HornetBomb sauce.

100_1824.JPG

100_1825.JPG

100_1826.JPG

100_1828.JPG

100_1829.JPG

100_1830.JPG

Yankee Enchiladas filled with, yep, more pork, tomatoes, onions, peppers, chiles, rice, and cheese.  Topped with Ranchero sauce, moar cheese, and black olives and baked.  Then topped again with sour cream and salsa verde.

Ok if you insist.  I will post more stuff for you to make fun of.  Not today of course, but sometime.  TB, you and me be peeps.  I never take anything you say to heart.  Unless it is that I am the greatest.  I was just frustrated yesterday at some things that seem to be getting prevalent across the cooking forums.  I hate seeing people spend a bunch of time and money to make food and post pics only to have someone else take two seconds to rip it.  I mean, if it sucks it sucks, but it seems lately like EVERYONE seems to need to find something wrong with everything posted.  The fact that some of the critics never post food of their own is another point in itself.  All that being said, I will still post more crap food photography for you all to rip. 

JayT said:
Ok if you insist.  I will post more stuff for you to make fun of.  Not today of course, but sometime.  TB, you and me be peeps.  I never take anything you say to heart.  Unless it is that I am the greatest.  I was just frustrated yesterday at some things that seem to be getting prevalent across the cooking forums.  I hate seeing people spend a bunch of time and money to make food and post pics only to have someone else take two seconds to rip it.  I mean, if it sucks it sucks, but it seems lately like EVERYONE seems to need to find something wrong with everything posted.  The fact that some of the critics never post food of their own is another point in itself.  All that being said, I will still post more crap food photography for you all to rip. 

Crap.

I can't find any 'thang to rip in your last post.

I'm watchin' you Norton!

I'm looking out for that kind of behavior Jay.

: runs, hides :

Hey I said you had the best fish 'n chips ever posted! So I ain't goin' round doggin' shit. I like the way TB handles the ribbing. He jokes back. Y'all (and I) been doggin' him about veggies and soy ever since he said bacon was evil, and he's just trying to improve his health.

I'll take my flogging. With some American cheese please.

I demand more JT cooking and food pictures! I enjoy all the food pictures and styles the people here post. I hope you do not read into my comments as ripping your food, I am simply having fun and know you can cook! I am far from a freaking chef myself and at the end of the day it is us eating what we cook and if we enjoy that is what counts.

I hate those cooking shows where literally everything is the best thing they have ever eaten. Then, the next food, also the best thing they have ever eaten. That's not my style. I like what I like. No hype. Jay's got it going on, and may need a hug. He knows he posts some killer stuff. No need to worry about what others don't like on their cheesesteak.

The Hot Pepper said:
I hate those cooking shows where literally everything is the best thing they have ever eaten. Then, the next food, also the best thing they have ever eaten. That's not my style. I like what I like. No hype. Jay's got it going on, and may need a hug. He knows he posts some killer stuff. No need to worry about what others don't like on their cheesesteak.
Agreed, I was busting his balls cause he is in PA....Philly Cheese Steak :) Then again I'd throat punch myself if I ever used cheese whiz on my ribeye steak!

You Loser!

That's your comeback?

A blurry who know's what kine'o'meat steak ramen pic?

That is soooo PMD style.

I like to be liking it.

Serious Bruce Lee.

What the fuck is it?

JayT - that pho looks awesome, can you give us a heads-up on those asian noodles, as in what brand and how long you cook them, please. I've bought these a couple times but they didn't have any cooking instructions in English, and the gal down the Asian grocery was clueless - so they came out like starch sticks!

Cheers

Cool. I've only ever seen pho made with flat or thread noodles, so the round ones threw me off a bit at first. What's in it?

Udon noodles?

Looks tasty.

I don't speak Japanese or whatever they are.  The translation said rice stick noodles.  They said they cook in 12/14 minutes, but they were still like eating licorice at that point.  I think it was more like 20mins.

Ah rice the correct noodle for pho... : nothing to critique damn :

hehehehe I've got a few things to critique if that seems so be the trend here on JT's flog.

Wrong noodles.  They're Japanese.  Pho is Vietnamese and should have flat rice noodle that cooks in about 3 minutes
There is an inbalance of noodles left to right
The beef and the utensil are aligned, this allows the energy of the beef to escape
Beef is sliced too thick and is over cooked.  Beef should be ultra thin and raw when added to the hot stock
Stock is the wrong hue and looks cloudy.  Clouds are to yin for a yang beef soup! It needs to be less orange sunrise and more earthy brown
Soup bowl is too shallow.  This lets the soup cool down too fast.  Should be in a deeper bowl.  Follow the lucky golden rule of depth=circumference/7*8
Soup should be dressed with torn fresh basil leaves and bean shoots that were harvested by buddhist monks
Utensil at the top right corner is at an odd angle and has distracting reflections.  Really JT, this is my biggest gripe!  Fix it in the future please.
Where's the chopsticks at?
There is more of the right side of the bowl showing than the left side in your photo.  Same for the top
And finally, squinting while bobbing up and down to get the image in focus is giving me a headache.  I need 6 more beers to bring it into focus
:D

All frivilous whinging aside, do tell us your recipe and technique.  Me love me some Pho long time

Back