• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

some of my pods in progress

here are a few pics of some of the pods that i have growing at the mo

congo trinidad
DSCN1395.jpg

another congo plant
DSCN1393.jpg

7pot
DSCN1391.jpg

aribibi gusano
DSCN1397.jpg

the Dt was overwintered and set a good few fruit before anything else was even flowering so no need to bag, all the early pods are marked

great looking pods and pics Dave...

I am growing the trinidad congos this year too...I have never grown them before and am wondering how hot they are...

AlabamaJack said:
great looking pods and pics Dave...

I am growing the trinidad congos this year too...I have never grown them before and am wondering how hot they are...

I've tried to grow them for the last 2 years but could never get them past the 1st set of true leaves dunno why, this time i used my LED light box and BANG i've got 2.
And the seeds were from the same batch i've been using for the past 2 seasons.
The aribibi gave my the same probs but it seems that the light box defo helped

The classic Red Congo I grew two years ago was MASSIVE! like a small apple!
Was told it produces fruits smaller the next year, so I murdered it in cold blood. since then grew some other Congos. they were all relatively big, hot with very strong Chinense flavor. I like 'em a lot. there was that one Congo with the choc hab flavor that I didn't care much for... can't remember the name.

Great looking pods Dave, thanks for showing them off.

AJ I grew the Trinidad Congo last year and it ended up being one of my favorites. Heat wise I'd say it was at the top of the hab range and the taste was kind of sweet the first few seconds then the heat hits. Let me know if you don't like them, I'll help you get rid of them.;)

huntsman said:
What is this tea bagging...

Enclosing a flower bud before it opens with a tea bag or other suitable material to prevent cross pollination and obtain pure strain seeds from the ripe pod the protected flower eventually produces.

Back