• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Some pictures from this year's crop

Here are some pictures from my potted deck garden:

Twin datil:
2daergm.jpg

Datil with a lot of damage from aphids:
25u33at.jpg

Second year peach habanero producing like crazy:
2iw7cq8.jpg

Tobago seasoning from top:
2960uup.jpg

Silver_Surfer said:
Nice plants and pods Steve. Get after those aphids.

I was using neem oil, but it didn't seem to be able to keep up. Maybe it was my error, though. I found this stuff:

http://www.gardensafe.com/ProductCategories/outdoorinsecticide/MultiPurpKiller/

And that seems to be very effective. They aren't completely gone, but they are a lot fewer and farther between now. Strangely, I have not seen too many ladybugs, but I did see one ladybug and one lacewing on the same plant at the same time.

Just curious what everybody thinks about the datil with leaf curl? Will that eventually improve or does anyone have any suggestions short of just treating for aphids that will help?

Steve973 said:
Just curious what everybody thinks about the datil with leaf curl? Will that eventually improve or does anyone have any suggestions short of just treating for aphids that will help?

One the aphids are under control the curl will diminish, but my 3 Datil plants still show some leave curl no matter what I do. However, my second year Datil has much less curl than this years plants for some unknown reason. It doesn't seem to hurt production so I quit worrying about it after the aphids disappeared.

Nice pictures Steve, that Peach Hab looks nice and bushy with a ton of pods. How's the taste on that one? My two Choc Habs are both suffering from leaf curl as well, and I've tried everything I know. Maybe they'll grow out of it, or not, but at least they're making a decent amount of pods.

I had a problem with aphids and sprayed like crazy for hours a week and they all, but diminished until I went on vacation for a couple of days and they came right back as strong as ever. I picked up a bag of live lady bugs from ace for about $7.00 and followed the suggestions and I haven't seen an aphid in almost a month. Do you self a favor and get some lady bugs and stop spraying. I read that although spraying with need and safer soap won't kill a plant or harm it if you use too much it will stunt a plants growth and cause leaf curl.

Back