• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking Some stuff I've smoked lately

Just joined the THP and already found a few forums that I love. This is one of them. Here are a few pics of some weekend smoke jobs in the Weber. Not a high end smoker (really just a grill) by any means, but it does the job. One of these days I want a real smoker. I've always been a griller, but have just gotten into doing some smoking recently:

Chicken all rubbed up :)

4664659931_9bbffbafed.jpg

And on the grill starting to smoke. Unfortunately I don't have any pics of the finished product but it turned out pretty good.

4665199746_a4220d3ab7.jpg

And here are a couple racks of some baby backs that I did about a month ago. These turned out pretty good as well.

4665199712_bc2b40d4ed.jpg

No pictures of the final product? Oh my, you're killing us here. Talking about smoking some chicken, show pics of the rubbed up fowl, sitting on the grill, then you do the old bait and switch to ribs? Oh man you sir are a wicked, wicked tease.

Looked good just the same. Next time though we expect more pics and booze! :lol:

Oh and welcome to THP.

Sincere apologies for not getting the finished pix of the Chicken. Was so damn excited to chow down on it after it was done that I slacked off on the end result pix. I'm already trying to decide what I want to grill or smoke this weekend. I promise I'll get some good pix of whatever it turns out to be :D

No pictures of the final product? Oh my, you're killing us here. Talking about smoking some chicken, show pics of the rubbed up fowl, sitting on the grill, then you do the old bait and switch to ribs? Oh man you sir are a wicked, wicked tease.

I agree would have loved see to the chicken pics, however.. if I were to order smoked chicken and was brought out some killer smoked ribs... I highly doubt I would be too upset lol, so in this case I declare an acceptable bait and switch :D

Here's a couple of things I smoked yesterday -- Chipolte's and a Don Pepin Garcia's 601 Connecticut Black Label - Im making a LuckyDog chipolte rub with the chipolte for the weekend Not the greatest pic this one is from my phone

Just joined the THP and already found a few forums that I love. This is one of them. Here are a few pics of some weekend smoke jobs in the Weber. Not a high end smoker (really just a grill) by any means, but it does the job. One of these days I want a real smoker. I've always been a griller, but have just gotten into doing some smoking recently:

Chicken all rubbed up :)

4664659931_9bbffbafed.jpg

And on the grill starting to smoke. Unfortunately I don't have any pics of the finished product but it turned out pretty good.

4665199746_a4220d3ab7.jpg

And here are a couple racks of some baby backs that I did about a month ago. These turned out pretty good as well.

4665199712_bc2b40d4ed.jpg

Could you tell us what was your choice of wood, and at what temp did you smoke. Also, did you use charcoal or lump?
Thanks, it's all good my friend.

Could you tell us what was your choice of wood, and at what temp did you smoke. Also, did you use charcoal or lump?
Thanks, it's all good my friend.

I used hickory chunks for that round of smoking. Temp was kept between the 225 - 250 range. And I used Kingsford briquettes in those pics. I use briquettes and lump off and on depending on what's handy at the time.

Back