• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Sorpion Stinger hot pepper sauce....

Just threw this together, I figure in about a month it'll be ready.  Now I gotta find some collard greens or something to test run it on.... 

Easy stuff. Throw a bunch of scorps in a bottle of some description, add a few cloves of garlic, dump in some vinegar and throw it in the fridge.  Down here we dump a little of the vinegar on greens, beans, ... pretty much any vegetable, especially green ones.  Collards are my personal favorite.

When the vinegar starts getting low, usually about half gone, just add some more and shake.  Lasts a long time.

Harold

null-36.jpg
null-35.jpg

It's about time to get the collards in the ground Wookie! Harvest time will be late fall.

I make this using nice straight Kung Paos in a skinny vinegar bottle. I'll have to try using my Bhuts and kick it up.

Super easy recipe.

Tom

kentishman said:
It's about time to get the collards in the ground Wookie! Harvest time will be late fall.

I make this using nice straight Kung Paos in a skinny vinegar bottle. I'll have to try using my Bhuts and kick it up.

Super easy recipe.

Tom
Yep, the wife and I were just talking about putting in another garden box, probably 4X16, and getting in some fall stuff.  Collards are high up on the list.
Harold

How did this sauce turn out for you mate? Im looking to make some really simple sauces and if it turned out well for you i may try it.
Turned out great. Nice Fruity back taste. Heat is up there, but doable... A warning to the faint-of-heart is in order.

I also used some of the vinegar in a basic Italian dressing recipe... We are talking ZESTY Italian here...

VR,
Harold
Oh yeah, after this pic was taken I added a few green chili and a few cayenne peppers to it... Toned it down just a tad and smoothed it out some.

VR,
Harold

Back