• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Sowed Coffee Seeds Today

Got 32 Coffee arabica seeds and they are now hopefully on their way to being born. Tried 24 in paper towels, 8 in potting mix. These things are apparently a distant cousin to bananas, but only in they can take months to germinate.

Considering my plans, my grow list is gonna read like a seed catalog. :crazy:

Mike

I deliver papers to about 200 businesses each week and chat with several of them. I was telling one guy about Jicama - he was amazed. And I think fair-goers will be also, not just by that plant, but coffee, cotton, sugar cane and some other plants one never sees in Ohio.

Another advantage is I can write off (some of) the cost of the seeds and growing materials as either a donation to the fair or a business expense since I frequently write about them in the paper. Not sure I can deduct the cost of the GH, though I write about it almost every week.

Mike

Mike, write it all off mate. By that i mean 90%
The other 10% is your consumption, screw the irs.

Mike I used to have a coffee plant years before I got into hot peppers. They have great foliage and are pretty to see even if they never produce coffee beans.

I saw a dwarf coffee plant in an FTD catalog or something a few years back, looked like a really cool plant.
Good luck with the coffee seeds, mate.

Back