• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Sownseeds 2011 grow log

Hello everyone, im kinda new to growing chillies but would like to share a few pics of my babies.
All my seeds I have bought from neil from the hippy seed company and this season I have taken neils advice on soil mix, simple but effective.

I found that I had the best germ rates by Preheating the jiffys then droping the seeds straight into the preheated jiffys , seeds germed 2 days faster .
Don’t ask me why and only took 6 days.

The bigger plants were started on the 3rd sept .

This is my grow log for this season.

Bhut Jolokia
T.Scorpion Butch T
Tabasco
Super chilli f1
Yellow 7 pod
Red Habs
Orange Habs
Choc Habs
Douglahs
Fatali
Naga jolokia (seeds I saved from some pods neil sent me)

My babies first day in the sun
IMG_3686.jpg

Yellow 7 Pod
IMG_3702.jpg

T.Scorpion Butch T
IMG_3691.jpg

Tabasco
IMG_3705.jpg

Bhut Jolokia
IMG_3695.jpg

Just a few red capsicums
IMG_3710.jpg

Hi megamoo , just go to bunnings and you can buy it there in a 1.5 kg bag for like 8 bucks or a 5kg bag for like 16 i think it was , if you google bakashi composting you will see how easy
it is to do , i simply made my own with 2 buckets, i drilled like 30 ... 4 mm holes in the bottom of the top bucket , you dont realy need a tap in the botom bucket , just tip the juice out.
Here is a link to hippys vid on bakashi.
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheHippySeedCompany?blend=1&ob=5#p/u/0/9zAuE34twTE

Sounds like a winner, mate!

Have you had a chance to feed your plants with it yet or have you only just started doing it?
Yeh mate i have only had the thing going for like 2 weeks or so now so its only just starting to get the juice working , but day by day there is more so its working good.
Im potting all my babies up at the moment so ill give all them a feed of it when im finished potting.im also going to get the same buckets but in black and stack them ontop of each other
and drill holes in the bottom of each bucket and try make a stackable worm farm out of buckets.ill keep you posted .

Hi guys , a few more pic of my plants potted up into bigger pots.

Here is the shade cloth roof i made that can he open or closed depending on the heat ,just undo the rope and slide cloth back .
IMG_4184.jpg

some of the plants in there bigger pots.
IMG_4193.jpg

IMG_4187.jpg

Yah the first pod of the season , just a thai plant i got from bunnings.
IMG_4201.jpg

I know there not chillis but my tomatos are in the same soil mix as chillis, going strong.
IMG_4198.jpg

First tomatos for the season.
IMG_4197.jpg

Plants looking good all @. Also, yeah, I saw how Neil was using the bukashi method. Interesting. Also, your bucket set-up looks failproof. Nice.

Good set up. How many hours of sun do the chillies get a day in that space?

edit: oh yeah I got my homemade bokashi that I copied from you juicing up too. :D Will use it on my plants tomorrow.

Good set up. How many hours of sun do the chillies get a day in that space?

edit: oh yeah I got my homemade bokashi that I copied from you juicing up too. :D Will use it on my plants tomorrow.
hi megamoo, they get nearly all day , the sun starts at the back and sets in the front and being the side of the house they get it most of the day , but they just seem to love the filtered light of the shade cloth , there growing so fast and healthy, i mainly set up the shade cloth as last season my plants just couldnt handle the hot days im thinking of running some misters along the top to give them a light mist in the middle of summer when we get 40 to 45 deg days.
misting will just take the heat out of the air down that side of the house .

with the bakashi setup , i think neil has started something here , they seem to work so well and mine is producing so much juice .

Ok here are some updated pics of my plants, they seem to be doing ok and starting to get some pods.

Yellow 7 pod
IMG_4305.jpg

IMG_4306.jpg

IMG_4309.jpg

Bhut Jolokia
IMG_4316.jpg

IMG_4324.jpg

Naga Jolokia
IMG_4325.jpg

IMG_4326.jpg

IMG_4344.jpg

Trinidad Scorpion Butch T
IMG_4377.jpg

IMG_4378.jpg

Looking awesome bro.
I wish I had some more superhots setting fruit like yours. So far only my yellow 7 pot/pod has set. Still waiting on my first. Choc bhut, bhut jolokia Assam, Jonah, butch t, to even look like getting a pod.
Looks like you are heading for an awesome Jan/Feb when they ripen. Best of luck for the continued season of success.

Awesomeness. :cool:
Thanks mate , lets hope they all ripen .

Looking awesome bro.
I wish I had some more superhots setting fruit like yours. So far only my yellow 7 pot/pod has set. Still waiting on my first. Choc bhut, bhut jolokia Assam, Jonah, butch t, to even look like getting a pod.
Looks like you are heading for an awesome Jan/Feb when they ripen. Best of luck for the continued season of success.
Thanks trippa , yeh there going ok compared to last season , i have noticed that the ones that i have under chade cloth havnt even started to pod up yet but are much bigger plants. so maybe its got something to do with being in full sun.
the ones in the full sun arnt as big buy full of flowers and pods.

Nice update. Pods are going off nice work. Your Yellow 7 pot/pods are yeilding very nicely. Funny your super chilli pods look much longer and pointier then mine. Mine have a short stubby rounder appearance. Where did you get your seeds from??

What size pots do you have them in ?? They look like 14.5 litre containers is that correct??

Back