• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Sownseeds 2011 grow log

Hello everyone, im kinda new to growing chillies but would like to share a few pics of my babies.
All my seeds I have bought from neil from the hippy seed company and this season I have taken neils advice on soil mix, simple but effective.

I found that I had the best germ rates by Preheating the jiffys then droping the seeds straight into the preheated jiffys , seeds germed 2 days faster .
Don’t ask me why and only took 6 days.

The bigger plants were started on the 3rd sept .

This is my grow log for this season.

Bhut Jolokia
T.Scorpion Butch T
Tabasco
Super chilli f1
Yellow 7 pod
Red Habs
Orange Habs
Choc Habs
Douglahs
Fatali
Naga jolokia (seeds I saved from some pods neil sent me)

My babies first day in the sun
IMG_3686.jpg

Yellow 7 Pod
IMG_3702.jpg

T.Scorpion Butch T
IMG_3691.jpg

Tabasco
IMG_3705.jpg

Bhut Jolokia
IMG_3695.jpg

Just a few red capsicums
IMG_3710.jpg

Hi guys , yeh mate i have 3 types of super chilli i do have the ones that are short and fat like yours and i think they are the true superchilli type the others i have are ones i got from thsc called mr fothergills superchilli they are longer and thinner and the others like in the pic is from bunnings , it is more like some sort of thai hot than a superchilli.if you want some seeds i have hundreds that i have kept that your welcome to.

As for the bokashi juice i stopped using it and only give my plants a feed of powerfeed every 2 weeks and mainly just throw a handfull of dynamic lifter pellets around the plant, thats all i give them.

Onto the pot size , i bought straight from the company that supplies to bunnings, and got them way cheaper.
New Style! 330mm Slimline
Code: P330SL
Size: 330mm x 265mm
Volume: 19 Litres
Pack: 15

http://www.gardencit...s.com/index.htm

Its worth the drive there if buying in bulk.

Best of luck guys.

Why did you stop using the bokashi out of interest???

How much did you pay for those in bulk (how many did you have to buy at once??)

The 14.5 litre ones at bunnings cost 4.20 each and wasn't so keen on paying that much.for 15-20 pots
I am going to buy 3-4 of them (already have 1) for some of my plants to see if I can get them growing a little better for the rest of summer/Autumn

Nice update. Pods are going off nice work. Your Yellow 7 pot/pods are yeilding very nicely. Funny your super chilli pods look much longer and pointier then mine. Mine have a short stubby rounder appearance. Where did you get your seeds from??

What size pots do you have them in ?? They look like 14.5 litre containers is that correct??
that company that makes the pots im pretty sure there over east aswell, so look em up mate. i think by memory it works out to about 2 bucks a pot, but if you send them a email, they will send you a pdf pricelist

Back