• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

⌘ Spicegeist 2013 ⌘

Today we were walloped with a snowstorm in Southwest Virginia and since I was taking some pics of the snow I thought I'd also get started with sharing my pepper progress.

My 2013 selection:

C. chinense
Red Bhuts
Yellow Bhuts
Choco Bhuts
TS Morouga Blend
TS Butch T
7 Pot Barrackpore
7 Pot Brain Strain
7 Pot Yellow
Choco Hab
Morado
Pimenta Morango
Yellow Congo
Pimenta da Neyde
Cumari do Para

C. annuum
Sonoran Chiltepin
Vietnamese Tear Jerker
Peruvian Wild
Armac Chiltepin

C. galapagoense
sp.

C. chacoense
CAP 501

C. praetermissum
Cumari Pollux

C. baccatum
Uba Tuba

C. frutescens
Indiana Pequin
Duke Pequin
Donne Sali
Ekirike
Guam Boonie
Aji Chuncho
Piri Piri
Lotabih
Tabasco

C. parvifolium
sp.

C. pubescens
Rocoto Inca
Dino Pod

Crosses
Choco Bhut x Douglah F1
Queen Laurie (C. baccatum) x Yellow Bhut F1
Aji Cristal (C. baccatum) x Brain Strain (C. chinense) F1
Sonoran Chiltepin x 7 Pot Barrackpore F1
CAP 501 (C. chacoense) x C. chinense F1
Pimenta da Neyde x Bhut F1 and F2
Douglah x Butch T
Aji Cristal (C. baccatum) x Cumari Pollux (C. praetermissum) F1
Locato x CGN19198
Florida Wild x C. chinense F1
Duke Pequin x Pimenta da Neyde
Duke Pequin x Bhut
Wiri Wiri x Bhut

Outside today:
IMG_20130117_165927.jpg

Pots for later on:
IMG_20130117_170321.jpg

Pimenta da Neyde x Bhut F2... I wasn't counting on purple being so dominant here, will have to pick a few from these to grow out:
IMG_20130117_172447.jpg

Here are some of my 2013 treasures.

I was able to start four C. galapagoenses (they didn't all come up on the same date):
IMG_20130117_172339.jpg

IMG_20130117_173029.jpg

IMG_20130117_172955.jpg

IMG_20130117_172903.jpg

Some special crosses I made in 2011:

Aji Cristal (C. baccatum) x Brain Strain (C. chinense) F1:
IMG_20130117_173255.jpg

Queen Laurie (C. baccatum) x Yellow Bhut Jolokia (C. chinense) F1:
IMG_20130117_173357.jpg

Had to play a bit of catch-up but looking great, Charles!

CGN 19198, is that C. eximium? I've also seen it listed as C. sp. but I don't know enough about it. Either way, the C. pubescens x CGN 19198 is a very interesting one! Can't wait to see it's progress.

Such amazing plants God has created!

Hey Gasi, someone gave me that cross and I really don't know much about the CGN19198 either... just along for the ride on that one. It's a little bigger now. Glad to see my glog is inspiring some spiritual reflection ;)... although I'm not quite sure who's really responsible for some of these bad boys :hell:

Some seedlings:

C. parvifolium:
IMG_20130315_174646_zpse066bef6.jpg

Locato x CGN19198 #1:
IMG_20130315_174755_zpsfd22ef44.jpg

Locato x CGN19198 #2:
IMG_20130315_174859_zps01c7c2c4.jpg

My Pimenta da Neyde x Bhut F2:
IMG_20130315_174943_zps53777bac.jpg

Duke Pequin:
IMG_20130315_175025_zps8f5c7678.jpg

Indiana Pequin:
IMG_20130315_175041_zpsd1fd9b1f.jpg

Playing catch up over here!!! Dang it...I get so caught up in the "my content" area I always show up late to the best parties! I will say one thing...you caused this:

[background=rgb(233, 216, 193)]
You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day
[/background]​

Amazing...I really liked your philosophy with the crosses. Pic a couple you like, cross them yourself and you won't be disappointed with what comes up! All your crosses are pure genius, but the tepinxbarrackpore...bound for perfection. Thanks for this glog brother...made my day!

Congats Charles! I do not believe peppers could look any healthier than these. Awesome job so far. Pictures are just beautiful. I will send you pics when the new ones get some size. Keep it up.

Wow..plants look amazing. Love the fact you are doing soo many crosses - it's the way forward for sure.

They are guna go boom when you get em outside as they are really good size already.

I love the pics of the flo wilds, ton's of sprouts in that one pot. Hope they were not too much of a headache to pot on.

Thanks for sharing your pics and success, gotta love those crosses man. GREAT STUFF!

Cheers
Pete

Your plants all look amazing! I still have so much to learn and 2014 will be different. I need to build a true grow room in my basement so I can regulate the heat. I find heat is my largest challenge to date followed by insects.

Wow..plants look amazing. Love the fact you are doing soo many crosses - it's the way forward for sure.

They are guna go boom when you get em outside as they are really good size already.

I love the pics of the flo wilds, ton's of sprouts in that one pot. Hope they were not too much of a headache to pot on.

Thanks for sharing your pics and success, gotta love those crosses man. GREAT STUFF!

Cheers
Pete

I agree, crossing will ultimately help the genetics and give us collectively a few surprises down the line... out of all of those Florida Wild seedlings I potted up 4, one of them definitely crossed with a chinense and is growing like a mutant monster, but that's just the hybrid vigor kicking in... let me know if you want to try some of these I can attempt to send you some pods later in the year...

Your plants all look amazing! I still have so much to learn and 2014 will be different. I need to build a true grow room in my basement so I can regulate the heat. I find heat is my largest challenge to date followed by insects.

I think you're right. I got lucky with my setup, the basement where I move seedlings is a few degrees cooler. It seems just right to keep them growing, but not too warm that they grow too fast and the aphids outpace that too... One of my goals for this year is to be as meticulous as I can with cleaning off the plants before overwintering...

I agree, crossing will ultimately help the genetics and give us collectively a few surprises down the line... out of all of those Florida Wild seedlings I potted up 4, one of them definitely crossed with a chinense and is growing like a mutant monster, but that's just the hybrid vigor kicking in... let me know if you want to try some of these I can attempt to send you some pods later in the year...

Would love to receive some fresh pods but might be a problem as I'm in the UK, however I would love to try growing some myself and as I have a massive grow going on next year, I'm on the lookout for rare seeds. When I say rare I mean seeds that can not be obtained over on the UK so any crosses, strange super hot's etc is what I'm after. If your in a position to share some of the seeds when they are there, I would be more than happy to buy some from you and pay all the postage etc. Always looking for cool seeds. Thanks

Back