• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Spicegeist 2014 - The Year of the Bhut

This year I'm growing primarily bhut/naga types.

Not much to look at now, but thought I'd kick things off since I'm already starting seeds:

Here's my list:
  1. Red Bhut
  2. Choco Bhut
  3. Yellow Bhut
  4. Peach Bhut
  5. Shabu Jolokia
  6. Naga King
  7. Naga Morich
  8. Naga Suomi
  9. Dorset Naga
  10. Guwahati Bhut
  11. Pale Bhut / Bih Jolokia
  12. Jay's Peach
  13. Fatalii
  14. Lota Bih
  15. C. galapagoense

Did i give you any Assam Bhut seeds?  I read on here somewhere that they are the same as a Carbon Bhut.  Plan on growing them side by side this year to see the differences and similarities.  I'm also growing the Carmel Bhut.  Really looking forward to this one.  I only had a few seeds and the second one i planted sprouted.

jedisushi06 said:
Did i give you any Assam Bhut seeds?  I read on here somewhere that they are the same as a Carbon Bhut.  Plan on growing them side by side this year to see the differences and similarities.  I'm also growing the Carmel Bhut.  Really looking forward to this one.  I only had a few seeds and the second one i planted sprouted.

I'm not sure, I'll double check.  I probably won't start them this year though.  I'd love to find some that look like this (top, middle):
P1020066.jpg

(pic from http://thehotpepper.com/topic/27268-stc3248-just-another-grow-log-holiday-harvest/?p=668836)

But I don't think anyone has been able to get them to look like this again.  If someone manages to get carbon bhut pods that are gnarly, long, and thin-skinned, I'd love to trade some pods in 2014.

Those pods were crazy! They were literally as thin as paper,and maybe the best super I have ever eaten.Shane's didn't grow out like those,and neither did mine. I am pretty sure I have 4 seeds from the original pack if you want to try and get something similar to those, I would be willing to waste a couple spots also. Let me know.
11342304926_f94e54b319_b.jpg

Mine looked like that but not a long and thin skinned.  That's the pheno type that looks the best in the picture.  Who grew those pods?

Mine were a lighter colored red too. 

Pr0digal_son said:
Those pods were crazy! They were literally as thin as paper,and maybe the best super I have ever eaten.Shane's didn't grow out like those,and neither did mine. I am pretty sure I have 4 seeds from the original pack if you want to try and get something similar to those, I would be willing to waste a couple spots also. Let me know.

Okay, I just tried to PM you, looks like you can't receive any messages...

Portuge said:
Now were talking... Your seedlings are growing strong and healthy Charles...

Thanks... this is always a tricky part of the grow.  They need to keep moist, but the root systems are so weak that it is very easy for the growing medium to get waterlogged and kill the seedling.  I'll be happy once they get big enough that they'll drink up whatever I give them.

Your seedlings are looking good, nice and perky!

The cross looks cool, looks like a bird pepper or wild
of some kind for one parent.  Hope it goes where you
want it to, Charles.

Back