• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Spicy Chicken’s 2011 Grow Pictorial History

Friends'

Just thought that I would share with you what a person might got through in a single year to grow these awesome plants.

This year's grow was quite challenging to say the least, cold wet windy spring, replanted the garden 3 times do to mother nature's wrath along with disease bugs and deer.

I hope this will be inspirational.

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

WOW only ever saw the round raised beds. Was wondering where all those peppers you were drying in the new building were coming from. Amazed once again.

:shocked:

REALLY?!?

My God man!
Do you have a small army helping you out with all that is it just you?!

I thought I was getting in over my head next year with 200plants..
That's child's play compared to your set up!

I'm thinkin you need to start yourself a nice little Growlog next year :cool:

Brandon

Hey there Spicy - pretty impressive setup indeed. love the neatness! Tell me, do you uproot them because of the weather? that's a lot of hard work every year!

:shocked:

REALLY?!?

My God man!
Do you have a small army helping you out with all that is it just you?!

I thought I was getting in over my head next year with 200plants..
That's child's play compared to your set up!

I'm thinkin you need to start yourself a nice little Growlog next year :cool:

Brandon

Would be nice if I had a little help now and then, but all by my lonesome, and you know I ended up taking on the Germ/Drying/Greenhouse makeover build this year so the garden end up suffering a little and so did my time here a the THP.

200 plants is quite respectable for sure and is no child's play, The average person has no idea the amount of work that can go into just a single plant, so pat yourself on the back young man and go for the
gold.

If I have time I will do a grow log, will see, thanks!!

Hey there Spicy - pretty impressive setup indeed. love the neatness! Tell me, do you uproot them because of the weather? that's a lot of hard work every year!

Wow you are a long way from my back door, LOL

The answer is yes, cold weather plays a vital roll in production here. the plants can handle a very light frost but when the weather man says 25 F tonight it is either time to cover them or pull and hang um because I can't pick 1 to 2 hundred thousand chili's in one day, I can however hang a couple thousand plants in one day. Many chili's are at the almost rip stage and will continue to mature for weeks after hanging.

It is a lot of hard work for sure, I'm still processing plants and will be for another 3 to 4 weeks, thanks for looking Cheers, SC

Very nice inspiration for us all SC!

Good luck next season.

Mike

Thanks Mike good luck you as well!

Very nice pictures, and also very inspiring. I wish I could do something similar, soon. :cool:

You will just have hope and faith, O and lots of seedling. :lol:

Inspirational for sure!!!!
maybe i missed but how do you water the rows?
drip line under the tarp maybe.

RB, thought you might have a Q for me, how in the heck have been?

first pic is how I started when I had just the round raised beds and the smaller garden you see in pic 2

Water_Wagon0001.jpg

Garden_Pic_large0451.jpg

Then the garden got a tad bigger so I needed a bigger wagon and more totes.

Water_Wagon0002.jpg

Comes in real handy for early spring planting with another wagon for all my babies.:dance: Every brick represents 2 chili plants.:crazy:

Water_Wagon0010.jpg

That is why I have such wide rows.

You may remeber this pic from the makeover, the water wagon sitting at the end waiting for me to get off my ass a but it away.:)

Water_Wagon0011.jpg

You can see there is 50 feet of garden hose conected to all tank with gravity feed and a 4 foot wand and ball valve.

Water_Wagon0012.jpg

Another angle of the raisied just for the heck of it i guess, thought it was a cool pic and wanted to share.:cool:

Garden_Pic_large0700.jpg

Back