• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Spicy Chickens Cellar Grow Room Extreme Makeover Home Addition

Getting er Dun, might have time on sunday to start building walls

Cellar_Growroom_Extreme_Makeover_Home_Edition_012.jpg

Rhut Rho....IT HAS BEGUN!!! Here we go again! Keep the updates flowing, and I'll be glued to my computer screen!

ya know it may just be promising, i quess i will change my stand on this one

lets just see

thanks your friend Joe

Joe,
Did you see his pepper shack build? This cellar will turn out better than many of the homes I've lived in...

Jeff,
Here you go! Grow room/man cave! I'm thinking kegerator, dart board and maybe a disco ball...

Here we go again :jealousy: :envy: :wishiwereyou: :thisisgoingtobeamazing:

I was thinking the same thing.

That is going to be awesome SC. I have never worked with that spray insulation before. How is it? I always liked the idea but had concerns about future wiring issues. I guess it wouldn't really matter in this application though. You could always run BX along the walls. I can't wait to see the final product.

Joe,
Did you see his pepper shack build? This cellar will turn out better than many of the homes I've lived in...

Jeff,
Here you go! Grow room/man cave! I'm thinking kegerator, dart board and maybe a disco ball...

no actually i did not sounds great

I was hoping to have time last sunday to do some work but a surprise visit from my children but a stop to that.

Today after work I managed to get one wall built and it's probably the easiest, I playing with fire on the time line to get this finished.

I am going to take out the post, and maybe thinking about dividing the room up some, not quite sure yet. Need to figure out a water tank to. hmmmm

Cellar_Growroom_Extreme_Makeover_Home_Edition_013.jpg

Cellar_Growroom_Extreme_Makeover_Home_Edition_014.jpg

Thanks for looking, - Jeff

Joe,

Jeff,

Sorry stc not big enough for all that. lol but a great idea, thinking about doing what you suggested under the pepper shack deck, minus the disco ball. lol

I was thinking the same thing.

That is going to be awesome SC. I have never worked with that spray insulation before. How is it? I always liked the idea but had concerns about future wiring issues. I guess it wouldn't really matter in this application though. You could always run BX along the walls. I can't wait to see the final product.

Spray foam is the greatest thing since sliced bread, I will only be putting in about 2 inches and that will fill the space behind the studs and glue them right to the wall. After that I will finish it off with fiberglass and then osb.

Good lord spicy, do you ever stop moving? This is going to be awesome!

Hey Mill, thanks but this won't have that polished look like the pepper shack, would love to deck it out but just don't have the time. :tear:

One nice side effect is that if you ever sell you will get top dollar from someone who gardens.

That's true, I hope my wife can find someone who would appreciate it after I'm push-in daisies. :sick:

very nice work

however real men should never be afraid to cry LOL

thanks your friend Joe

Thanks Joe.

looks like an old Bomb shelter

No doubt, just wonder why some one would be threatened in the middle of no where.lol

There is always room for pie, ice cream...or a disco ball!

Well the part I always find the hardest is done...You got started! Once you get past that part, the rest just starts getting done. Looking good so far, can't wait to see it finished.
Shane

Dammit Jeff! Every time I come in here it is another sight to see. If you ever need a house sitter, for like 6 years, let me know!

Unfortunately I will not be spray foaming the walls, got a bid of $1600 for just 2 inches and its just not worth that to me, so will be using plastic on the back side of the insulation.

Another good day should get me to wiring and then insulation, soon after osb and table or shelves for the plants, none to soon as today I started transplanting.

Cellar_Growroom_Extreme_Makeover_Home_Edition_015.jpg

Thanks for looking, -Jeff

Maybe a sealant on the walls???

http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3927690&CAWELAID=441771361

Used to pour foundation and basement walls about 20 years ago...we didn't use this, but similar liquid/rubber type stuff. Just afraid plastic would cause moisture to pool at the bottom and seep into the bottom of your walls/floor. I know this was a low budget last minute build, but if you mess the waterproofing up...you might end up having to do it all again.

I'm sure you thought of it...you think of everything! Framing looks outstanding!

Shane

Back