• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Spicy Chickens Cellar Grow Room Extreme Makeover Home Addition

Spicy, if you ever find yourself stuck in St.Louis and just can't wait to build something, let me know. I have about a dozen projects that could use your quality of work. Seriously, in awe!

Nice little setup what are the temps like and are you going to add any air circulation through the room?

Thanks LGHT, the temps will be hight for sure, but the exhaust fan will have a thermostat on it so hopefully that will take care of that part.

As you can see in the drawing I have oscillating tower fans in the middle of the room, think that I will need 8 units altogether. stacked 2 high.

Thanks for visiting, Jeff

I was kidding about the pole buddy. With my skills at building all I have to contribute is humor. Seriously good stuff.

I know you were kidding LOL but we a guys, so I had a couple of thought about that ;O) I have seen you builds, you get the job done for sure and thats what counts, not just thinking about It. :clap:

hell ya,when is this going to be done you think? it usually takes me about a month to getting around to building atable for green house or barn. then usually 2 days to finish,lol. im fat and lazy i know.

I hope with in the next couple of weeks, at least to a point where I can put the children in there, I am so in need of room. I doubt you are lazy or fat. :liar:

I should have known when you said you were going with something other than standard shelves on the walls that it was going to turn into something beautiful! The plans you have sketched look perfect. Can't wait to see it in action!
Shane

OK so I got carried away again, someone shoot me please. :pray: lol

Spicy, if you ever find yourself stuck in St.Louis and just can't wait to build something, let me know. I have about a dozen projects that could use your quality of work. Seriously, in awe!

Thanks big guy! It's been 20 years since I've been there. can't see it in the near future, but you never know.

Cheers, Jeff

Damn Spicy, I just registered here to say good luck and that it looks awesome already!

This is your first post. Thanks and Welcome. :O)

Hi people,
Well I just got in from another late night working on the cellar, O and that reminds me; I am looking for a name for this room so any suggestions are welcome.

Just gettin er done, and not soon enough!

Popped a hole in the floor for a french drain, attempted to drill a hole threw the wall for a water line but the concrete bit was only 12 inches and the wall is 20, so I need to find a longer bit, and until that happens I cannot drywall that area. :O(

Cellar_Growroom_Extreme_Makeover_Home_Edition_037.jpg

Hard to believe it takes 40 - 4x8 sheets of drywall.

Cellar_Growroom_Extreme_Makeover_Home_Edition_038.jpg

Hope they make sense. :O)

Cellar_Growroom_Extreme_Makeover_Home_Edition_030.jpg

Cellar_Growroom_Extreme_Makeover_Home_Edition_031.jpg

Cellar_Growroom_Extreme_Makeover_Home_Edition_032.jpg

Cellar_Growroom_Extreme_Makeover_Home_Edition_033.jpg

Cellar_Growroom_Extreme_Makeover_Home_Edition_034.jpg

Cellar_Growroom_Extreme_Makeover_Home_Edition_035.jpg

Cellar_Growroom_Extreme_Makeover_Home_Edition_036.jpg

Thanks for stopping by - Jeff

Already hard to believe that this is the same space...are you using this space for the younger, older or both seedlings? How far is it from your Grow Room/soon to be Greenhouse? I imagine you'll devise some clever plant transport system between the two spaces...I got it! an extra long 2 way grocery conveyor! complete with the IR auto stop on each end! That way you could just keep loading it up till it stops meaning the first plant reached the far end then go up and unload until the last one arrives! I am somewhat joking of course, but I wouldn't put it past you!

Keep the pics coming! I am getting inspired...
Thanks for another great post!
Shane

WOW, Power for days and 20 inch walls, do they even make a concrete bit that long, really nice build Jeff. I can't wait to see your shelf system. My mind has been going crazy figuring out how I'd do it so I can't wait to see if what you do is anything like what I'm thinking.​

... attempted to drill a hole threw the wall for a water line but the concrete bit was only 12 inches and the wall is 20, so I need to find a longer bit, and until that happens I cannot drywall that area. :O(

I run into this problem from time to time at work. Usually I am trying to run conduit outside for lighting. Anyway, I drill from both sides. It takes some careful measuring though. More importantly, be sure to hold the hammer drill or whatever you are using level otherwise you will have trouble hitting the hole on the other side.

Back