• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

desserts Spicy Ice Cream

540844_10151003877693936_871761088_n.jpg

My first attempt at it yesterday. I simply cut up an orange Hab, and mixed it with strawberry Ice-cream. It had good flavor, but would have gone better with coffee and chocolate instead.

Theres a icecream shack around here that sells a "Great Balls Of Fire" chocolate icecream flavored wth cayenne . Gota love hot peppers and chocolate!

There are dozens of spicy dessert toppings that go great with ice cream. A couple that come to mind are Cowgirl Spicy Chocolate's Spicy Caramel Sauce (this was my fiery product of the year a couple of years ago) and Bonfatto's Razz Hab Sauce. Or take any hot sauce that's fruity (containing pineapple, mango, etc.) and utilizes chiles like habaneros or bhut jolokias, and drizzle it over ice cream...

Nom nom nom! :drooling:

Ya I've got a killer fatalii pineapple sauce I use on ice cream all the time! Went through almost a whole jar since thanksgiving!

There are dozens of spicy dessert toppings that go great with ice cream. A couple that come to mind are Cowgirl Spicy Chocolate's Spicy Caramel Sauce (this was my fiery product of the year a couple of years ago) and Bonfatto's Razz Hab Sauce. Or take any hot sauce that's fruity (containing pineapple, mango, etc.) and utilizes chiles like habaneros or bhut jolokias, and drizzle it over ice cream...

Nom nom nom! :drooling:

Geez Scott, not even a shout out!? See the next time I let the wife sing Van Halen karaoke with you! :confused:

Now THERE'S the love I need! Thanks for the shout out fellas!!!

Also, I got some odd looks at the Bower's Chile Festival while eating B[sup]3[/sup] on some fried ice cream. Delish! Another yummy addition is BigFat's 708 chile chocolate sauce! It has just a little bit of heat and has phenomenal flavor. I was lucky to have them as neighbors at the festival so we did plenty of flavor combos. FYI - Big Fat's Chocolate sauce mixed with Strawberry Scorpion Sting . . . . . . . . WINNING!!!!!!!

(***DISCLAIMER - This is not shameless self-promotion but should serve as just an informative story from the archives of the 2012 Bower's Chile Festival***)

[background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]

I agree, but I usually just drink it out of the bottle.
[/background]

You are a braver man than I am then. Because eating a spoonful of the Triple S was hot enough. Drinking straight from the bottle? Fuhgetaboutit!

FYI - Big Fat's Chocolate sauce mixed with Strawberry Scorpion Sting . . . . . . . . WINNING!!!!!!!

(***DISCLAIMER - This is not shameless self-promotion but should serve as just an informative story from the archives of the 2012 Bower's Chile Festival***)

Mental note made. I've heard a lot of good things about Big Fat's, so they are on my list of products I need to review. If you're saying that these two sauces mesh together pretty well, then I will need to try it out.

From what I remember, their 808 Chocolate Fudge may have been a limited run. But it may be available here: http://www.grownupkidstuff.com/

I gotta say, i don't get the fascination.

I love spicy food. Love it. I love hot sauce and hot food proucts. I agree that sweet & spicy work well together and I do enjoy the pepper-chocolate, or the habanero-apricot jams (especially Redhawk Premium Peppers Habanero Gold Preserves - nom nom nom!) - but ice cream?

I guess I am an ice cream traditionalist. I've tried a few "sweet" hot sauces on ice cream (including the strawberry scorpion sting) and I'm just not that down with it. Sorta like the hot pepper beer I've seen...I've tried it. I would just prefer to eat a spicy meal, and wash it down with a regular beer. Same with ice cream - gimme a spicy meal and I'll follow it up with some normal, tasty sweet ice cream, like Hagen Daas coffee. mmmmm

But each to their own of course...if y'all enjoy it I certainly won't pee on your cheerios. :cheers:

Dragon's Blood is also awesome on a Smore.

Edit: I also remember seeing back when I first joined where DaQatz made some Candied Jalapenos and Habeneros which would be an awesome addition to a dish or ice cream.

Back