• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Spicy Peri Peri Skillet!

Greeting everyone!

My name is Grant and I'm from South Africa. My wife is from California and we live in San Diego. We make our own peri peri hot sauce, have you hear of "peri peri" before? Not a lot of people in California do, so gold star for you if you do! In South Africa, pretty much all our hot sauce is per peri :P I love it to bits. We've made a Youtube channel dedicated to travel powered by peri peri :) We just posted a video of a beautiful skillet recipe we made this weekend. We eat this nearly every weekend actually! We'll be posting more recipes and travel videos as we go. Headed out to Arizona tomorrow for a 2 week long camping cooking adventure. If some like minded people would like to follow up, please hop on board here: Africali Vibes
Glad to be here and looking forward to your feedback!

Attachments

• WPFI.jpg
    WPFI.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 138
hi, my wife is from portugal and portugal has a history with africa. they call it (and spell it) piri piri. i know of it but have never tasted authentic piri piri peppers or sauce. is it available in the US?

Nandos is good, but I feel like it has a bit too much lemon in it. I had an authentic peri peri sauce that was homemade and it was very good. Not quite as much lemon taste, with more peppers in it. I also personally prefer avacado raw and cold, not cooked. Not knocking it, as there are many flavors in the world. Other than my pickiness, your dish looks great! Hope you enjoy your vacation!

salsalady said:
Good looking skillet. I was looking for the peri peri sauce recipe. ?

:welcome: to THP.

salsalady
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=do4UUk-LWPs

salsalady said:
Good looking skillet. I was looking for the peri peri sauce recipe. ?

:welcome: to THP.

salsalady
Would love to give you this recipe, but we are going to start manufacturing and selling our particular sauce. I'll let you know when its on the market :fireball:  

Back