• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Spicy Pumpkin Seeds

We carved out pumpkins tonight and roasted some seeds in the oven.

30 minutes in the oven at 350F.
IMG_5156.jpg

Few peppercorns - salt - sugar - garlic powder - dried bhut jolokia.
IMG_5162.jpg

Added in some honey and oil to make the seasoning stick.
IMG_5163.jpg

Hop head i am really digging this, i love pumpkin seeds but spicy mmmmm nice dude i really want to go carve a pumpkin now. good work!

I'll be doing the same thing with my pumpkin seeds later on today. We're just about to start carving them.

Just finished doing up my pumpkin seeds. I get my seeds a little differently than most. I usually sit back with my pumpkin and have a few beers and contemplate what I'm going to do with it then just when the seeds spew out, I know it's time...

Pumpkinpuke.jpg

I rinsed the seeds in a colander to get the pumpkin innards off of them then gave them a bit of a swirl in a dish towel to take off excess moisture. Into a large bowl with with a drizzling of olive oil, a few cranks of kosher salt, a few cranks of black pepper, a couple shakes of garlic and cayenne as well as a few shakes of seasoning salt. Onto a baking sheet and into the convection oven at 325F. I like mine to be a little more crispy so I left them in for about 45-50 minutes and kept checking them every 10 minutes or so after the first half hour.

pumpkinseeds.jpg

They're cooling right now and smell pretty damn good. I love roasted pumpkin seeds.

Looks good Blister i wish i gave mine a little longer in the oven as well - not bad as a snack.

Hop head i am really digging this, i love pumpkin seeds but spicy mmmmm nice dude i really want to go carve a pumpkin now. good work!

Yeah they had a nice kick to them - im sure we will see lots of pumpkins on the site now that its Halloween night i am looking forward to it.

Back