• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

Spicy Tomato Juice

I wanna make some. Kinda like the V8 juice but obviously hot. Anyone ever made any or have recipe?

Tomatoes
Carrots
Primo's
Celery
What else?

THere's probably a Mock V-8 juice recipe on the interwhebz which would be a good place to start.  I think V-8 has 8 veggies in it including parsley.... 

From there you can tweak it to your person preferences.  Add Chiles to your tolerance or cajones....  :)  Have Fun!  and post when you come up with something super folks can do at home.  I love Spicy V-8 but find it too salty to drink on a daily basis.   

:rofl!     :clap: what Scovie said! 

In all seriousness, a juicer, or a Ninja is helpful. You can get really creative with all kinds of veggies and fruit + ice.
We bought a Ninja, because standard juicers remove the pulp. There is a ton of nutrients and fiber in the pulp!
We have never attempted a V-8 type tomato juice, but I bet it wouldn't be difficult. If you find a recipe, try it, tweak it,
curtail the recipe to make it yours. And take notes! I bet a fresh jalapeño, Serrano, habs or even hotter chiles would be good dropped into the mix.

I have neglected this thread but I do really appreciate all the responses. I will have time off around Christmas so I will be doing it then. I hope to be able to can some for future use. I would love to have a Ninja but might not have the extra money unless I get a pretty good bonus.  :party:

Scoville DeVille said:
In all seriousness, a juicer, or a Ninja is helpful. You can get really creative with all kinds of veggies and fruit + ice.
We bought a Ninja, because standard juicers remove the pulp. There is a ton of nutrients and fiber in the pulp!
We have never attempted a V-8 type tomato juice, but I bet it wouldn't be difficult. If you find a recipe, try it, tweak it,
curtail the recipe to make it yours. And take notes! I bet a fresh jalapeño, Serrano, habs or even hotter chiles would be good dropped into the mix.

Absolutely go with a Ninja over a juicer. The fiber is real important. I get a large portion of my daily fruits and vegetables in smoothie form. Some that i make have like ten different kinds in it 

I'm a little late to this thread, but my recipe would be V8+ a healthy squirt of sriracha+ your powder of choice+++lots of vodka.

Back