• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

health Spots on plants

In the last couple days several of my plants have developed some brownish spots on the leaves. Couple have already fallen off. I recently had to set up my grow station in a new place its pretty cold in the room and back under my 400w light. Anybody think this is an issue with some sort of fungus or just perhaps the cold and getting used to the light.

http://i.imgur.com/azYqP.jpg

Edit: Picture wont resize for some reason, will have to click link to view.

i would go with the environmentals

but you better keep an eye out for a fungal growth
is the bottoms of the affected leaves also showing discolor?

if it is only like "purpling" on the top leaf surfaces i would
lean towards lighting adjustments if you were to try and "correct"

if you have some thinning of the leaf thickness in that discolored
area would treat for fungal (i would try to treat for fungal if they were mine,
but i would also borrow the neighbor's lawnmower to correct a fire hazard! to each their own)
the bumpiness may get attributed to calcium?
maybe some rootbound for need room to grow but "not" for the coloration

Have you done any foliar feeding or spilled ferts on the leaves? I have a few plants that look exactly the same except it is only a few leaves not every leaf. They had some ferts get dripped on them when I carried plants that were draining over them. On mine the damage is 100% on the top of the leaf. I washed them off immediately but a few (5 out of 137) still have the same discoloration. I also think it could just be too much ferts I have been really pushing the limit with them and a few of the weaker plants may be paying the price. I will post some pictures to compare when I get home. I’m interested to see if anybody thinks it is something more serious. I don’t have a lot of experience with disease or fungus problems. (fortunately)

no foliar spray and definitely not spilt nutes. I am kinda leaning towards environmental and lighting issues. But might get an anti fungal spray just to be on the safe side. Nitwit a look at what I did to the back yard:
http://imgur.com/nGgJR
4 images

it looks like a completely different neighborhood

any way i hope you got the community improvement activity

all sorted out

i think you should take the lesson of
not holding your breath for the gubbermint to "do the right thing"
as important.

every issue with the "public areas" that are not readily visible
from the street you are better off attending to the improvements
with out their "involvements"

(i would put a nice pepper hedge just where those peonies{sp?} are)

Hey Laz. I have some plants that have a few leaves that look like that. A few weeks ago when we were getting some sun, I was taking my plants into the greenhouse to experience a little sunlight. After a few days of doing this, I put them back under the lights. I also hit them pretty hard with a batch of last year's eggshell/vinegar mix also while in the greenhouse. My guess is that I sunburned them. They have stayed put under the lights since and are recovering nicely now. Good luck.

Well if the government shuts down nothing will get done. Thanks CA, I will lay off the light for a bit than harden off back to it, I just want to get them back into sunlight, have a window I might be able to use.

problem is they are in the way,

a shut down will show all
exactly how little their efforts are "helping"
do not listen to them sabre rattling

if they shut it down the cat is hard to put back in the bag

Most of my tiny seedling have been subjected to cold temperatures (for peppers) and a number are showing a bit of damage on the young leaves. If it's not the sole cause, I think the cold might have contributed.

Back